I Beheld That Tin T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I Beheld That Tin T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 01:09 am:

I Beheld That Tin T

by Ignacio Valdes

I beheld that tin T.
On ebay she was found.
Full of promise and history and coolness.
And other mysteries round.

First it was the carb, the coil, the tank, the glass.
Those tires too.
Then the differential.
And all its sticky goo.

Replace it all!
The advice was good.

The manuals arrived.
The parts flowed in.
The money flowed out.

For I have squeezed the bearing grease zip-loc bag of iniquity.
I have shed tears of back-order pain.
But mine eyes have seen the glory!
of a fresh set of galvanized rims.

And when they bury me under the receipts.
And embalm me with parts-wash solvent.
Let my children know how fun it was.
To ride in that tin T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 01:18 am:

Ignacio,

"the bearing grease zip-loc bag of iniquity"!!!

I had a just swallowed a bite of a tuna fish sandwich and took a big drink of milk. When I read the line I posted above I actually sprayed milk out of my nose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 01:25 am:

Takes a bow :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 07:01 am:

Bravo!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 09:06 am:

A tip of the duct tape roll to you, sir! :-)

red

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 09:33 am:

Nice, Ignacio :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 10:20 am:

The hypocrisy of a fat man eating a tuna sandwich at 1:18 AM is evidence of a gluttonous society. It's a social iniquity representative of a population dependent on entitlement. And a serious waste of a mouthful of milk! My Mother would have reminded me that there are babies starving in Africa.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 10:24 am:

Can't wait to hear your poem when it's running.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 10:30 am:

Ha haha Nice , chug chug to you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 10:53 am:

Most poetic indeed Ignacio!

Well done, the syntax rolled right along just like a flat tire coming off that clincher rim.

Very Good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 11:23 am:

"That was cringey Dad." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 11:46 am:

Ignacio, You are learning the first (maybe second & third too) rule of T ownership, SHRED the receipts! Don't look back!!!!
:-)
Great poem too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

Receipts-Receipts-Receipts, I have a big box of them for my two "T" and wondered what to do with them-now I know SSSHHRREEDD them!!!!!
Thank you for the idea.

Get rid of the evidence and the pain!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 05:53 pm:

Hehehehe!
Awesome. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 06:15 pm:

Pure brilliance.

Thanks, Ignacio :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

Ignacio,

Thanks for the fun read. Great job!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

How can anyone NOT like it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 01:01 am:

Extended edition:

I have received midnight revelation from Steve Jelf.
OD and ID in everyday conversation.
Girlfriend doubts my love for her.
And that car now has a name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 01:10 am:

Here is the revised edition hopefully the last :-)

I Beheld That Tin T

by Ignacio Valdes

I beheld that tin T.
On ebay she was found.
Full of promise, history and coolness.
And other mysteries round.

First it was the carb, the coil, the tank, the glass.
Those tires too.
Then the differential.
And all its sticky goo.

Replace it all!
The advice was good.

The manuals arrived.
The parts flowed in.
The money flowed out.

For I have squeezed the bearing grease zip-loc bag of iniquity.
I have shed tears of back-order pain.
But mine eyes have seen the glory!
of a fresh set of galvanized rims.

I have received midnight revelation from Steve Jelf.
OD and ID in everyday conversation.
Girlfriend doubts my love for her.
And that car now has a name.

And when they bury me under the receipts.
And embalm me with parts-wash solvent.
Let my children know how fun it was.
To ride in that tin T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 02:30 am:

Bravo !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 01:18 am:

In case you are wondering, this is the zip-loc bag of iniquity.

zip-loc bag of iniquity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

I continue to receive midnight revelations from Steve Jelf. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

As well as messages from "Father" John Tannehill :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

El foro nunca duerme.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration