Is this a Jewell automobile or what?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Is this a Jewell automobile or what?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 03:26 pm:

Under a tree that has grown up over it and the truck it sits on. It had a hubcap with a cursive J on it that someone has taken. It is for sale on an estate, just not sure what it is.Jewell 1? These are the best angles I could take photos.Jewell 2 It had a six cylinder engine.Jewell 4?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 03:42 pm:

Jewett, built by Paige Detroit.
How much, and where? I wish I could buy it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

It looks like a Jewett to me. H.M. Jewett had a summer place here in northern Michigan. It's a state park now. https://www.google.com/search?q=jewett+automobile&rlz=1C2GNAM_enUS696US696&sourc e=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiIzOGj3tHSAhXBxYMKHYRpAzQQ_AUICSgE&biw=1366&bih= 638

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 04:10 pm:

Jewett also made early tube radios. I have one. He also was associated with the Detroit radio station, WJR, which stands for Jewett Radio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

Wayne it is in Nampa, Idaho. Sorry I said Jewell, when it is Jewett. It has the rear axle, driveline looks to be there and front end. I do not own it, but I will put you in touch with the managers of the estate and you deal direct. Did not see the radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

More photos of the Jewett.JewettJewett 1Jewett 4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 04:30 am:

I found this car when picking some Model T ford parts. IF anyone is interested in it let me know. The owners are reasonable people and would like to see someone restore this and keep it around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J and M Machine Co Inc on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 12:12 pm:

Marvin:
We're actually rebuilding an engine that looks like this one from a 1922 Jewett touring car.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1048672855246286&id=2700760597 72640

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 04:42 am:

Hi Marvin M! I found my link to the Jewett registry website. But it appears to be working worse than it was the last time I checked. A couple months ago, links worked to several photos and some registry information. This time, I could not find a single link from the home page to anything that worked. So I don't know if anything good can be done there or not.

http://www.jewettsix.org/

However, there it is.
Again, thank you Marvin M!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 05:36 am:

Thanks J and M, also thanks for all your help and input Wayne!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Saniewski Denville NJ on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 07:45 am:

I think the site has been hacked. every thing I try to open goes to some herbal sales site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 09:53 am:

Interesting car, is it sitting on the bed of a TT? The dual lines on the cab corner look like a TT. - Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

ED, It opens up Jewett on my computer, but only 1 page of the website. Matthew it is on top of an antique GMC truck that has been sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 06:20 pm:

Anyone interested? I think this thing will sell for under $1,000. Don't hold me to it because I do not own it but I know they are clearing out cars. I will help anyone get it to restore or use the parts.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration