Home Made Gap Gauge

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Home Made Gap Gauge
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 11:54 am:

Made this magnet gap gauge last week. Others have done the same ... just my 'spin." The original piston pin has a brass bushing which I threaded to take a stainless probe. Bill Crosby made the bronze insert in the rod bearing area.

gap gauge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

Mark;
Very nice! Great idea on the bushings in the rod and in the adjusting end. If I had a lathe at the time and if I had thought of it, I would/could have done the same thing. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

Those clamping collars look familiar - John Regan pinion bearing kit collars? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

Those collars are like the collars you can get at AC supply houses. They are used to lock bearings, pulleys and etc. on shafting in air handler units.

That's a great idea for sure!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 02:10 pm:

Isn't that an "X" rod? Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration