OT - The old car hobby in Syria

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - The old car hobby in Syria
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfBqzQxfNbI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfIOEVvTIQ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 08:24 pm:

Constantine,

That first one was great !

Steve Jelf has family in Syria .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

Over the years I have had many Syrian friends... still do. Luck plays a big part in where one is born, I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

This was collateral damage from Dr. Assad and his patron Vlad the Invader bombing hospitals. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 09:43 pm:

Count your blessings. Sadly too many American's take our freedom and stability for granted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

Gary,
Not just Americans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 04:45 pm:

More about this inspirational old car guy; wish he was a T guy so we can help him.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/videos/#211689

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 01:10 am:

I'm skeptical about the "war damage" some of it doesn't look quite right...what some of them really look like is just junk cars. I mean they weren't any signs of fire damage...if these cars were in pristine condition (which I doubt), they'd have fuel in them right? The tires are still on them, although half flat. And there are no noticeable bullet or shrapnel holes either for that matter, just large really old looking rust spots and lots of dust. And the missing parts aren't from them being blown off either, they're just missing, like a junk cars parts would be....I don't think everything is as they're claiming here. And then there's the VW "Thing"...doesn't look damaged at all does it? Yet it's supposed to have been there through the bombing as well...something just doesn't feel kosher here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 09:01 am:

Shoulda taken Assad "out" (and not for dinner) years ago, instead of apologizing to the world for being a world power. Now here he is again killing his own, in nothing more than an act of Genocide.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

Religious wars, never make much sense...hell any war doesn't make much sense either for that matter...yet we just can't seem to break the habit. And right now...Assad is a good candidate for getting us into a war with him and his ally...Russia, mores the pity.
Hopefully Putin will wake up and smell the coffee and realize that backing Assad was a really bad idea...but I know him, he's too freaking stubborn (I would use stronger descriptions, but the parser doesn't allow Russian swear words and I can think of about 5 just not that fit him to a "T") to admit when he's wrong (been his trouble his whole life actually).

Sorry for the OT...won't happen again...hopefully.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration