Having Problems Posting Pictures??? Here is a Solution

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Having Problems Posting Pictures??? Here is a Solution
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 10:11 pm:

I have read in several forums that people are having problems posting photos. Most of the problems is the size of the photo in information (kilobytes) and length and width (inches). There is a photo editor on the CNET website that is real good to use. It is called "IrfanView". It can be simple and easy to use or you can go more advanced and do a lot to your photos. Here are the links (one is for a 32 bit computer system and the other is for a 64 bit computer system. You need to know what you computer is before downloading it.)

32 bit system
http://download.cnet.com/IrfanView/

64 bit system
http://download.cnet.com/IrfanView-64-bit/3000-2192_4-76444710.html

Once the program is installed the steps are easy to size you photos:
1. Find your photos that you placed on you computer with the thumbnail screen (this is a really cool item because you can see all the photos at once).
2. Click on the photo you want and it is loaded into the editor.
3. Highlight (outline) the area of the photo you want.
4. Click the "edit" tab and then click "crop selection"
5. Click the "image" tab and then click "resize/resample"
6. Change the size of the photo(I use inches)and clink OK
7. Click the "file" tab and then click "save as"
8. Choose where you want to save the photo and then use the "slider" (right box on the screen) to make the information size bigger or smaller (50K to 500K)(kilobytes)
9. Then save it.

If you like more advanced photo editing then it can do that too. I sell a lot on ebay and I can knock out about 150 to 200 photos in an hour with this editor. I have set up several other users with this program and they seems to like it very well. Try it and see if you like it, but remember this is only my opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 10:30 pm:

IrfanView has been suggested here several times a year for at least the last 22 years. I've been using it since it came out.

My only suggestion here is:

DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT FROM CNET. Download it directly from the IrfanView site.
http://www.irfanview.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

A suggestion, whether you're using this method or any other: make a copy to edit and save the original full size photo in case you need it later. Once it's resized, you can't get it back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 11:52 pm:

I noticed that some posts upload 4 or more pictures in one post. How is that done?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 03:26 am:

If you post four or more, only two or three at a time will show up in the preview. Each time you click Preview/Post different ones will show in preview. But when you finally click Post this Message all of them will post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 06:26 am:

Many on the forum must be using Windows.

Here is a snapshot of the world's largest photo at 365 gigapixels in its native format. It fits my entire screen and can be magnified further.

I used the Windows Snipping Tool and saved the image to my desktop under a new name. It always fits within the forum file size restriction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 06:46 am:

Step by step for Snipping Tool

1)Select Snipping tool from Windows menu.
2)Click opposite corners of the image you wish to save or re-size.
3)File snip under a new name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 07:59 am:

wow!!!!!!!!!!! you got to be kiding. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 08:12 am:

The only problem with posting large sized pictures with a lot of information (kilobytes), is that if you do a lot of pictures to sell an item it can be slow to download them to your device (your customer's device). If their computer is old or if their internet connection is slow also if they are using a smart phone, large sized pictures burn up the data and can be slow to download. Just something to think about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 09:10 am:

One thing I like about the Snipping Tool is that it removes all the metadata from the photo in addition to cropping it and reducing file size.

Google "metadata on iPhone photos" and see what information is attached to photos you mail to others. This is one piece of privacy I can control. I don't want to e-mail a photo to someone interested in buying my car only to find out that he figured out where it's stored from the photo file.

An iPhone snip of my drinking buddy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 10:31 am:

Are these photos and those in the Classifieds only posted using s PC or laptop? Forgive my ignorance, but can photos be posted from a smart phone when you're mobile?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 10:39 am:

Tom,
You are right, that is why I use my DSLR camera. It also gives me a start of a 20 megapixel picture that is 36 inches by 36 inches to play with anyway I want.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 11:00 am:

George - I think all smartphones have functions to take a picture of the screen very easy - and that'll solve both the resizing/deidentifying problem :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 06:33 pm:

Thanks Roger. I'll try to research how to do it...we bought a PC nearly 20 years ago and traded it in for a Dell laptop about 8 years ago. But, since we each traded in out land lines for smart phones about 4 years ago, I've never even turned on the laptop. It's my intent to take pictures of T parts like Dave Huson does and immediately post to the MTFCA classifieds. All from a cell phone....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration