Old Photo - Model T Era - Center Door Curbside

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era - Center Door Curbside
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 09:03 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

Thanks Jay, there's that UFO in the left corner again. I wonder why the cowl looks so dull compared to the rest..JD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 10:41 pm:

Great photo. The light is catching the cowl and the splash apron from the same angle. It may be blue sky.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 12:52 am:

The UFO has its reproduction stinger out and laying eggs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 07:25 pm:

Looks like the paint was dulling out after a few years. Maybe the picture was taken in the early thirties? The wood wheels are starting to fade and loosing paint if you look close.

Typical of T's after 10 years or so out in the elements.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 07:50 pm:

Re: Differing paint glossiness on different panels of the pictured car.

I would suggest reading about painting the model T in the encyclopedia, heading; "All Model T's were black"

There you can see that while all parts were painted black, there were several different methods for applying the paint. In addition, the paint itself, while full of black pigment often differed in composition. For example, some parts were baked to speed drying. The bodies however could not be baked due to the wood structure. Consequently the different paints surfaces could not be expected to age the same when exposed to the elements.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 09:38 pm:

The T sedan has bale handles, so likely a '21. The other car (I wish I could read the tire cover, but zoomed in and it blurred out too much) appears to be about 1925. So the center-door sedan is likely about four years old when this photo was taken. In a sunny environment, that could be long enough for patchwork fading to show.
I was wondering if the rail car could have been from the Reading Line? However, a quick google look says it began in 1924, although many of the images shown looked older than that to me.
Another great photo! Thanks all.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration