Rolled into Chickasha today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Rolled into Chickasha today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 12:17 am:

We got into town today. Looking forward to seeing model T friends. Is there a meeting in the works for forum members?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 12:32 am:

I don't know of a set meeting time, but forum people have been known to hang out at the Walker/Steele estate between the buildings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 06:58 am:

I'd like to know if there is a time set for this.'

This forum loads easily on a smart phone and one can check it while walking Chickasha.

So many of you have been very helpful in the short time I've been on the forum and I'd very much like to thank you in person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 09:09 am:

Been to Jakes already.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 11:29 am:

Ate at Jakes Wednesday night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 11:31 am:

I'm jealous. Life got in the way of my plans this year, so I had to stay home. I'll be back at my usual spot next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 12:08 am:

My son and I arrived at my wife's cousin's house earlier this evening.

He lives a half hour from Chickasha...so we're really grateful to have the free lodging so close by.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 05:54 am:

Larry, see if you can find the door trim piece I need. Some better 12 hub caps would be good also. Have fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 01:26 pm:

I'm looking for two good '26/'27 wire wheels. If anybody spots some I'd love to get them. No bent spokes, nice and straight and true.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 06:25 pm:

There were lots of 26/27 T wire wheels there today. Very few were choice specimens. Those that were averaged $150 each. Many of them were so rusted you could almost see through them. I have never seen so many Ruckstells and auxiliary transmissions at Chickasha before, and low priced. I thought the best deal is a 1913 wide track touring, old restoration, still presentable driver, no takers at $8500. Some bargains to be had here, loved seeing lots of forum members.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 06:45 pm:

The prices for good wire wheels seems a wee bit high, but not terrible. I was thinking more like $115-$120. If they're $150 they should be flawless and primed for painting, but that's just me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 07:08 pm:

Deals. I seen a strong berg o f. Go right in front of me for $50 bucks omg some deals were to be had. Yes as for the wheel s $150 was average I seen many less they were junk We take all our model T. wheels to les swab Tires they sand blast and powder coat for $30 bucks F y I We straighten them first

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

21" wheels both T and A have gone way up in price last couple of years and usual not the best shape either

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 09:38 pm:

A drivable, presentable '13 touring for $8,500, and it didn't sell? Is this a typo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

It was a wide track but never the less

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 09:50 pm:

All I can say is I try and come every other year and as for people saying Chickasha is not that good I wonder if they even came here It is like they say you just have to do it one more time It's bakersfield on starroids

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

I think it sold for somewhere around 6500 to fella for his sons family to tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

Gilbert, as of 3PM on Friday it is still for sale. I can get contact info for owner Bill Barth from Colorado. This is a smokin' good deal. No typo. There are other good ones here too. There are a few nice T's that you could drive out of here under 10K. As for the wheels, as Seth says $150 should buy a nice one, but you can't tell if they are bent. I straighten a lot of them on my Bear wheel press. I don't think originals are going to get any more valuable while you can get new ones that are all but perfect and ready for paint or powder coat for about twice that much. We sure saw a lot of neat stuff today and had a ball networking with the forum brethren. We met a bunch of lurkers too and encouraged them to participate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 11:00 pm:

(Message edited by kirkiep on March 17, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 09:21 am:

Eric -- The '13 wide track had a sold sign on it on Saturday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 04:08 pm:

The 13 sold Saturday. Bill said he got his asking price, which I thought was one of the best buys at the meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 07:17 pm:

Good grief Eric, didn't see you , I don't know how I missed you. Sorry I missed you .

George n LakeOzark (formerly L.A.)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration