*Rewooding a '25 Roadster Body.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: *Rewooding a '25 Roadster Body.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Paddison on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 04:08 pm:

Hi all!

I know this topic has been touched on several times over the years, but I have a few questions on Rewooding a '25 Roadster body.

I am putting together another "gowjob" '25 RPU / Shop Truck for my Wife.

I have all the Sheet metal and most of the goodies to go with them and I have the plans for those bodies, but the woodwork will be new horizons for me.

What I don't know is, how much wood do I need? How many board feet and how thick?

I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff I cut and not beable to use it....or get too little material.

Here is what we are shooting for...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 12:12 am:

Clayton,
I bought all (I hope all) the wood I'll need for Barney, but it was a while ago, and I don't remember how I decided what to buy. Unfortunately the wood is stacked in a garage I can't get to right now (fallen tree) to tell you just what I bought. Sorry! I was hoping this thread was about someone doing their wood & was going to steal some ideas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 10:33 am:

Leon Parker has wood plans, I'd guess it's easy to estimate the needed amount and sizes from them?
ford1914@bellsouth.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 11:02 am:

I bought a body wood kit from Lang's to do my '25
roadster pick up. All the old wood was still there but in very bad condition. I replaced one or two pieces at a time seeing how they fit from the old stuff. Take your time, take pictures or do sketches. The tack rail at the top of the body took the most time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 03:18 pm:

I have a material list for the body and one for the wood pickup box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 03:58 pm:

Clayton-

I have the wood plans you need.
Will you be at the HCCA meeting next week?
When I did my 1919 I used ash.

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Paddison on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

Keith,

The plans would be most helpful and yes, I will be at the meeting next week.

Leon,

A materials list for the body would be most helpful. my email is mistermodelt@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 09:29 am:

The '25 bodies are considerably different than the '24s. They called them the wide cowl body.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration