TOP IRONS & BOW ASSEMBLIES FOR '26 ROADSTER TOP

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: TOP IRONS & BOW ASSEMBLIES FOR '26 ROADSTER TOP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Phillips on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

Last fall when I put my T's away for the winter, I removed the tops from both my 26 Roadster and 27 Touring as they both were in pretty bad shape. For the '26 Roadster, I meticulously disassembled the original top irons and bows to restore them before installing the new top. Unfortunately as you can guess, they were in pretty rough shape. Touring season is quickly approaching, and I'm still working on them (trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear). So this evening we're contemplating just biting the bullet and ordering new Top Irons & Bow Assemblies to get this project done. Both Langs and Snyders carry the assemblies and are not too far apart on price. I've used both suppliers in the past with pretty good luck. Has anyone purchased these assemblies from either supplier and can speak to any differences in quality. I want to make sure that I'll be further ahead in buying new, and not end up with something of lesser quality. Any insights?
P.S. Yes, I already have purchased the new top kits from Elizabeth/Mike at Classtique

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

I bought new sockets and bows from Lang's for my '24 and was very pleased with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 06:46 am:

Michael, if you decide to go new, send some photos of your old roadster top irons and bows to me. I may be interested. I have nothing as of now for my 26. Looking for something with weathered look for my roadster pickup.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Phillips on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Dallas, I ended up buying new top irons & bow assemblies for my 26 Roadster. The project turned out just like I wanted it to. I carefully took apart and preserved all pieces of the old 26 roadster top irons and bow assemblies if you're still interested in them. I won't use them, and I would like the pieces to go to a good home. If you're interested, let me know. The cost would just be the shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 10:55 pm:

Michael, I sent a PM. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 02:32 pm:

How much difference is there between these and a 24-ish? Mine are from a cut down touring and are way wrong (my wife got a mild concussion getting in the car, banging her head on the low-slung iron cross member). I could use some dimensions for fabricating new ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

Michael, will you be at OCF ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Phillips on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 11:08 pm:

Dallas
I just sent you a PM.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration