Number on side of engine... not serial number

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Number on side of engine... not serial number
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Klinger on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 12:26 am:

Hey there guys...I apologize if this is a pretty 'no brainer' question, but as a newbie to the T world, which I am loving, I have to ask.

The large number on the side of the T engine, does this represent the year of the engine? I am not talking about the serial number plate.

large number on side of T engine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 12:52 am:

Not. :-)
Is there a stamped number hiding under the paint just above the water inlet elbow in your pic? See that rectangle on the block right above the water connection?
That's the one you might be lookin' for. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Klinger on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 12:56 am:

Thanks for the quick response Duey. I have a stamped number on the block as you are describing... and I can cross reference that. I am just seeing if there is any rhyme or reason to the larger number.

thanks again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 04:35 am:

Did you post about that engine on Facebook too? I think I wrote an answer about that number, but can't find it here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 04:41 am:

Now I found the tread I was thinking about - it wasn't about your engine, it was another with a similar number - likely a mold number, since USA made Model T blocks didn't have any casting dates after the last blocks with two valve covers were made in early 1922.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/734607.html?1489365836

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration