Hello my name is tommy and here is my recently acquired tt truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Hello my name is tommy and here is my recently acquired tt truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy kum on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 02:33 pm:

it was parked here in 1979
it has a title and plates
all day to get it on the trailer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy kum on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 02:35 pm:

model tt
model tt motor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 02:37 pm:

Complete with running board service cans. Roll up your sleeves Tommy. 2 nice features C-cab and dump bed. Keep us posted on your progress.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy kum on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

the wheels are really rotten and the roof is well non existent
where are the best places to source parts from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy kum on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 02:41 pm:

will do tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 03:08 pm:

Hello Tommy:
This is a prime restoration candidate. Nothing going on here that cannot be reversed. Glad to see a dedicated T guy stepping up to save a worthy relic like this one.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

Nice find Tommy. Looks like to much work, better just bring it to me and I will relieve you of that mess!
You know I am kidding you.
You will find all the questions you have can be answered right here. I am in the process of rebuilding a wood cab TT myself. I can learn along with you. I depend on the forum a lot to solve problems. The knowledge here is amazing. Keep us up to date on progress. Any history on the TT you have?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 03:18 pm:

Welcome Tommy,
Your truck is a nice one. There are many directions you can go with it. You can restore it or you can fix the safety features and get it running good and drive it just as is. Some of the rusty unrestored vehicles get more attention on tours and car shows than the beautifully restored ones.

I would like to , and encourage you to join the Model T Ford Club of San Diego. It doesn't cost much to be a member and you will make some of the best friends in your life. Many are knowledgeable about parts and mechanical services in the area. Our meetings are in the San Diego Automotive Museum in Balboa Park San Diego. Access to this location is from Presidents Way off Park Blvd. Our meetings are the second Wednesday of every other month at 6:00 PM. Our last meeting was last week. The next meeting will be in May.

If you would like to meet me, send a private message.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 03:25 pm:

Stutzman in Ohio respokes wheels. That is close for me. I think there is someone in Texas. Others will add to that list. Several good suppliers of T parts. Im sure others can fill that list also. I have good luck with Langs. Andy Loso in Minnesota is another. Andy is on the forum also. Depends on what you need someone will post opinions and experience with several suppliers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/suppliers/Suppliers.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 03:45 pm:

I like it. Keep us posted.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 03:48 pm:

Nothing good can come from this. Flee while you still can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 03:53 pm:

Tommy-
Take heed of the sage advice given, and please keep us posted. Looks like it has a Waukashaw (sp?) head on it?

Carry on!

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 05:04 pm:

I've hauled home a lot less ....Cool looking truck...
Wish I still had mine...
Chaffin's can help you with a lot of things....
I bet "Burger" can answer a lot of TT questions....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy kum on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 05:09 pm:

Scott, thanks
Dallas, did you have to replace your roof ? what are the options?
Norman thanks for the welcome and i will be sure to check out the model t club
Anthony thanks for the link
Rich i like it the way it is
Burger i know you are right but its way too late for me
Keith the head says "giant power head " as well as
G.E.M. i believe that stands for giant equipment manufacturing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy kum on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 05:11 pm:

carl it seems like less is more with one of these

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 05:18 pm:

Tommy, this is what I have. Enough for patterns on most of it. Floor is not there so Im guessing on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 05:19 pm:

1924 C Cab Express Body.

Tt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 05:22 pm:

Not sure why it turns photos. The other photo is of the front of cab. On mine I think it was a type of material over wood bows in the top. Not sure on C cab. Someone here will know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 08:15 pm:

Doors will be the toughest part to get. You may just choose to leave them off. I don't think that it was all that uncommon to remove the doors back then. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 08:22 pm:

SaaWEET!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 08:56 pm:

Tommy, that is about the coolest model of TT. Remember if you just do the wheels and the engine (driveline) you can have fun learning to drive it. When you get tired of playing with the truck (ha!) you can think about restoring it. I've been in the play with it stage with mine for 20 years. The next owner can restore Rusty... but probably it will be my daughter and I bet she keeps it original!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

Terry spot on couldn't agree more never started with one so complete
Way kool

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 09:08 pm:

Gosh no one has seen the head sweet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

Can someone provide a little info on that head for Tommy? I sure cant but inquiring minds want to know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Sherman on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 09:41 pm:

The head was made by Jerry Sherman. Hi-comp, aluminum and rearing to go. Giant equipment manufacturing was my Dad's company. It's the only one I've ever seen. He'd sometimes put different lettering on the head's for fun. Jerry Jr.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 11:54 pm:

very cool TT Tommy, good luck with it. We well have to have a So Cal TT get together someday :-) Here's mine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry King on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 12:00 am:

Tommy, Welcome to the hobby. That truck holds some fond memories for me. One of the best was riding in the back with Jerry Jr. while his dad drove down Pismo Beach in and out of the surf. I canít wait to see her on the road again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 12:17 am:

I'm jealous, thats what I want for christmas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 02:07 am:

Jerry and Jerry, are you guys serious?
Has anyone asked about the aluminum generator mount block off yet?
Tom, this is way too cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Sherman on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

The generator mount block is Sherman as well. The head was made to look like the Giant Power Head of the late 20's. One of the first high compression heads for the T. I believe it has a modified A crank, large valves and a decent cam shaft as well, along with an aluminum deep sump (finned of course)with additional oil lines for better lubrication. Needs a battery, new plug wires, a rebuilt water pump, hoses and radiator and this engine should run just fine. If anyone has tires and front wheels for Tommy, I'll be at Bakersfield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 01:23 pm:

With this many Jerrys involved, are we looking at the original "Jerry Rig" ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 07:54 pm:

Has anyone here ever read "T model Tommy"? I have an original copy. It's about a young man getting his start in the trucking business with a model TT truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bernie glass on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

tommy it looks real good you got a good start Bernie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 09:42 pm:

Really cool project... cool. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

I have Erik. I really enjoyed that book..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy kum on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 12:31 am:

Dallas , your truck looks nice you do have a lot of material to work with.
Justin i was wondering about the doors.
Terry thanks that is what i am thinking ...can't wait to drive it.
Tom your truck looks awesome a truck meet up would be cool.
Jerry K i heard about the trips down to pismo beach that must have been an great time.
Duey they are serious !
Jerry knows the motor well
Burger yes
Erik that i chuckled when i read your post
Bernie & Tim Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 06:34 am:

I am Inspired by this thread, and as a kid was influenced by the book "T Model Tommy" by Stephen Meader. Enough to drag rusty T parts found in the woods home. I got a fresh copy of the book on line today.

Cannot wait to see the TT running. Keeps posting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Crenshaw Richmond Va. on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 08:55 am:

Would someone post a drawing of the top wood for Tommy? I think it would help him identify the remaining hardware.
Thanks,
Lee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 09:59 am:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=c+c ab+top+wood+mtfca&*

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:21 am:

I'm new to this affliction too Tommy.

Welcome...your TT is super cool. Can't wait to see the progress.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration