Post Your Chickasha Complaints Here...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Post Your Chickasha Complaints Here...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 06:34 pm:

I figure they will start showing up soon...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 06:58 pm:

Too far away. Why do they have to have it at the same place every year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 07:00 pm:

I am upset that the food vendor that bitched about our forum pizza feed was not there. I wanted to tell them in person that they screwed up something special to us and we would not have eaten their garbage anyway. Other than that, it has been great. Rumors of the demise of this meet are premature.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 07:19 pm:

I am not there!

Again!

All kidding aside. Have a great time guys!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 08:15 pm:

NONE!!!! Well organized, beautiful weather, lotsa friends, lotsa t stuff, portapotties on the field, I did not talk to ONE unhappy vendor, looker or buyer!! Looking forward to tomorrow and next year!! Anybody need a new old stock s4bf?? A U and J?? A dozen Strombergs?? An O F for fifty bucks?? Small drum Ruckstell for two hundred?? Set after set after set of wire wheels???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 09:12 pm:

Agreed WayNE not there but the boys from the rumble seat garage sure helped me spend money there and I was stuck at work
Oh well see yah in Soon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jonathan Bodine on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 09:21 pm:

First time at Chickasha. Found many great values. Super weather. Hospitality second to none. Saw a lot of this great country we call America getting there. No complaints here.

Best regards,
Jonathan Bodine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 09:29 pm:

No complaints here. One of the best road trips I have done in a while. Came here with a list of things I needed to complete a couple of projects, some things I have been looking for for a while. Going home with everything I needed. Including and newly rebuilt Ron Patterson generator and starter I had preordered. Thank you to all the vendors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 10:02 pm:

Where's the pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

My only complaint is that I had some personal stuff come up and I had to stay home this year. I'm already looking forward to next year. I plan to be at space FH06.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 11:04 pm:

Yeah, I've got a complaint ... who let this guy in ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 11:06 pm:

Ed, I forgot to bring a mouse and I hate this d*****d touch pad. Pictures when I get home.

You can always find something good here. Anybody who says otherwise just isn't looking. Sure, some stuff is priced high. But I bought a decent Hayes clincher rim form $5, and a bronze Holley G body for $15, and a pair of reverse drums for $5 each.

I also visited with a lot of forum guys, some of them the usual suspects and some of them for the first time, and got some useful information and advice. I always enjoy this meet, and this time the ideal weather is a bonus.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 12:20 am:

Can't see it from here :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 12:49 am:

Burger,

He was dressed differently when he entered .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 01:10 am:

Dan B., the reason that Chickasha is at Chickasha every year, is because if Chickasha wasn't at Chickasha, they couldn't call it Chickasha (Pre-War Swap Meet)). As far as moving it around, us Central Time Zone guys could say the same thing about Hershey, Luray, Long Beach and Bakersfield!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 08:14 am:

They could still call it Chickasha and have it at Hershey. Lots of room and much closer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 08:58 am:

Closer? No, Hershey is much father way. How you see it depends on where you are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 09:03 am:

Terry, you took the words right outa my keyboard! LOL.
Dan B...you're lucky that you're as close to Hershey as you are. From my standpoint, I'm too far to go to either place. Can't justify spending an easy $500 travel/lodging before I even start spending money on parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 10:50 am:

Of course Chickasha is far away relative to Hershey. That's why I'm saying to move it to Hershey so we all have the same frame of reference. Plus it's much closer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 11:44 am:

Dan, How about moving Hershey to Chickasha? That would make more sense. Then it would be closer for the guys in MN, WI, and ND, and make it equally as distant for East and West Coasters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 12:21 pm:

I haven't been there, but it seems from looking at the map that it is a very central location for anywhere in North America and far enough south to have reasonably good weather for this time of year.

I do look forward to Bakersfield next month. That is also a very central location for California.

One thing to keep in mind is the size of the area where the swap meet is held. Many urban areas don't have a big enough venue to hold one.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 01:41 pm:

Sounds good but should we call it Chickasha or Hershey? People may get confused.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 01:49 pm:

Chick-Her-Shay ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 02:10 pm:

Sounds good to me. Wish I could have gone this year but couldn't.
If your into T's and A's its the place to go for the most bang for the buck. T parts everywhere.
And you don't have to walk and walk to find them.

Planning to go to the meet in New Braunfels in April. Wont be as good as Chickasha but friends have told me its fairly decent and more older stuff than Pate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 05:03 pm:

Not nearly as many vendors as usual. But I had fun anyway. Got to see a lot of friends, and had my usual lunches at Roys. Reservations already made for next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 09:30 pm:

No complaints, great meet, bought lots and lots of goodies, (pictures later) Sold almost everything I took. Great weather. Best I have ever seen at Chickasha. Met lots of old and new friends. Im tired and its time to get some sleep. :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 09:12 am:

No complaints here either. I had a great time, saw lots of friends, and bought and sold lots of stuff. There may have been fewer vendors than there were several years ago, but it seemed about the same as it was for the past couple of years. There were lots of parts to buy, and folks were buying. It was a great meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 09:55 am:

Chickasha was good to this year for me, got a reasonably-priced engine stand, and very nice running 13 engine and a solar 824 side lite a mate to the one I already had also four 25 inch standard universal bead rings and 2 new 36x3 1/2 tires for my 1910 Rambler. Went home considedly lighter in the wallet but that's why we go, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:31 am:

It's nice that so much of it is in the barns.

This freckled white skin that I inherited from my Scotch-Irish forebearers burns easily, even with sunscreen applied.

We ate at dinky little hamburger joint several blocks away....Paw Paw's Hamburgers. It was one of the best hamburgers I've ever had.

We stayed with a cousin who lives about 40 minutes away. So, lodging was free and I got to drive the Porsche that he's just finished rebuilding. First Porsche experience for me...what a hoot...like driving a high powered go-kart. It was so completely 180 degrees opposite of a Model T, but fun in its own right.

What a fun trip. I'll be back next year.

(Message edited by rustyfords on March 19, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:38 am:

One more Item that is still on my bucket list.....Dang

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 01:06 pm:

None whatsoever.

Purchased a new correct high quality choke rod from Mike Walker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 01:15 pm:

Wasn't going this year. Got talked into it two weeks ago. No vendor space this year . Just opportunity to visit friends from all corners. Great to see and talk to lots of folks. Had a wonderful time. Hope to be back doing the same next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 01:22 pm:

I found too many great parts at reasonable prices, so I spent more than I intended to this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

Just arrived Sacramento California Left yesterday at 12 Straight drive , Only complaint is there was not enough money in the A t m and had to run to the bank and at some points wish we had a motorized scooter wagon .. Great people and great talking to everyone wish we could do it every year . See you in June , At Nebraska ! Wild Cherry 2. Team Aka sloebob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 03:18 pm:

Hershey, Chickasha same shit with being far away when you come from Europe!
Again I can just feel how I miss to be there. I MUST plan and look for cheaper planetickets for 2018 (when I finally looked this year it was just too expensive).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

It was my first time there and had a great time. My best buy was at Berg's Radiator. I was asking Berg if he would ever start making brass radiators again? The answer was no but he said he had one of the twenty he built ten years ago out in his trailer. It was used very little for $600 bucks. What I didn't know when I came back latter to pick it up, he said there was a line forming behind me to take it if I didn't. So I now have a brass radiator built by Berg for our 14 T. I'll definitely come back to Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 05:16 pm:

You got a deal on the radiator Dean! I couldn't go this year and sure missed it. Just wondering if Howell's sheet metal was there in their big trailer of T sheet metal. Anybody see them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 05:38 pm:

Howell's was not there.

Michael D. -- You might get in touch with Constantine to find out his secret. He always finds really cheap flights between the US and Europe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 06:32 pm:

Mike, being out a little earlier than I was this year and accept one or two stops en route made it possible in 2010.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 06:55 pm:

First time there. Great time good show and I had a parts overload 3 times a day. Thanks all who put it together. We ya next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 08:21 pm:

Just got home around 1 PM today.I thought it was great. Got to see almost all of the guys and met some more.Bought some things.Good weather this year,nice and warm. I thought ,more venders than last year,good prices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:44 pm:

I have been once, and really enjoyed it O want to go again. I just wish it was a week or two later so I could back up to Bakersfield. Then again, I could visit a few of you in between!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:42 pm:

i had a good time. getting smaller every year, south building about 1/2 full, 8 empty spaces next to me. all of the inside spaces would have fit in the south building .not like the old days ha,ha. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:46 pm:

There were definitely more vendors in the grass field this year than last year. South Building had less vendors but overall I think there was more there this year than last.

As long as there's buyers for the common 20s era stuff I can't give away up here, I'll keep coming back! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

First time there. Really enjoyed it. Met a number of folks who post on the forum. Spent all day Friday and Sat. until the vendors started packing up around noon.

Bought a Ruckstell axle and a set of rebuilt coils amongst a number of other odds and ends. Plan on returning next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 01:52 pm:

Hopefully having the meet Friday and Saturday will help getting more folks out. Especially on Saturday.
I'm thinking this was the first time it had been on Saturday in quite a while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 02:59 pm:

If I remember correctly, it's been a Thursday/Friday meet for decades.

My only gripe is that I don't have hot and cold running money to buy whatever I want.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 03:15 pm:

Steve
Realistically I think you are correct.
I know in 2006 and a few years after the schedule was Thursday thru Saturday

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration