Old Photo - Model T Era Used Car Lot

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era Used Car Lot
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Friday, March 17, 2017 - 11:45 pm:

Oh man that looks cold. I wander how much a used T went for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 12:19 am:

I dunno what a used T went for, but I bet they'd look pretty cheap to us. I bet you could buy all the cars on that lot for about the same number of dollars a good restored car of the period cost now. :-)

Nice photo Jay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 01:35 am:

Great picture Jay! Not quite sure why, but that sure looks like Chicago to me,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 03:55 am:

Sure enough, .... Hanley Dawson, Chicago Illinois !

Harold gets another star to wear on his crown ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 08:56 am:

Fantastic photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Sommers on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 09:04 am:

Maybe not Chicago...
I found an article from 1980 that was profiling the Dawson family. It reads as though the family did not come to Chicago until much later.
h
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 09:19 am:

It is amazing the info these photos turn up, Thanks Jay and Michael

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 11:02 am:

The photo was taken no earlier than 1930, as there is a 1930 Model A sedan, second from the left in the first row. It's the first full car in that row on the left. A 1929 Model A Sport Coupe sits on the street in front. The fender-mounted rear taillight makes it a 1929 and not a 1928.
Too much information for a Model T website? :-)
Marshall

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration