Holley Model G

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Holley Model G
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Curt Brainard on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 06:51 am:

Does anyone know where I can get brass screws for the top plate of a Model G and/or what thread pitch they are?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 09:03 am:

Try True Value they have a great hardware section

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 09:12 am:

You might have to try a couple True Values. I live about 20 miles between 2 different True Value stores and they both stock Hillman fasteners but the smaller one has less selection. I've driven 20 miles east only to have to drive 40 back west to the other to get what I needed but they do have a good selection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Curt Brainard on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 07:46 pm:

The screws are not a standard available thread - they are between 10-24 and 10-32. I am not sure exactly what they are, nor can I find anything other than the thread pitch mentioned.

Does anyone no the exact pitch or anyone who may have them available.

Thanks for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 08:15 pm:

I think Stan Howe makes them when needed for his carb restorations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

Plumbing supply houses have assorted round headed brass screws.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Shore on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

I checked a Holley G carb that I have and the three screws for the top are 10-32.Correct or not?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 09:58 pm:

my garage let me know when you are going to be at home and I can drop some off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 11:54 pm:

Looks like 10-28 or 12-28. I don't have any nuts in those sizes to try on it. Fillister head, not round or oval.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 01:27 am:

Curt, I'm glad you brought this up. :-)
I'm also looking for three of these screws for my iron bodied G.
The ones that are on mine aren't quite long enough and I'm not sure they're the correct thread.
Rebuilt/boughten carb from 30 years ago here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 07:08 am:

They are
10 32

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration