Dealer cutaway display engines

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Dealer cutaway display engines
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joey wilson on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 07:33 am:

does any one know value of these or trying to find more info on these displays in general.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 08:47 am:

I've seen them "asked" for around $600. They probably fetch what someone's willing to pay, based on just how bad they want it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 08:58 am:

I WANT ONE . I remember going to museums and looking at the cut away engines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 05:07 pm:

Value of a factory cut-away engine on factory 3 or 4 dip cast iron engine display stand is around $3000.

When have you last seen an original display stand for sale? KR Wilson stands for engine repair are expensive too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

Rose City Model T Club has one that some members built years ago. It's on loan to a museum between Portland and Salem. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

Most cutaway for any car especially a highly collected car would valuable after 100 years. I have seen a cutaway 1965 289cid v8 4v ford bring $2500 20 years ago in Charlotte mtr speedway swap. If it would have been in a 65 mustang it would have been a A code serial number car and the power plant right under the 289 hi po v8 0r any 65-66 Shelby standard engine. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joey wilson on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 08:45 am:

thanks for info on value. does any one know how many ford made? I got one with my 1915 t it's on a fore legged stand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 08:57 am:

Can you post pictures of it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 09:23 am:

Recreated this one using original factory cutaway stand. Ford began selling these to dealers in 1923.

You can view this one now at the Piquette Plant museum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

They are easier to make than you might think. My shop students made a cutaway engine using mostly a Sawzall with metal cutting blades.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

Wow Dan that's awesome. Very nice. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration