Ford factory picture

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ford factory picture
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 11:41 am:

I saw this picture on the web. It says 1910. Do they have the date correct? If you zoom in on the second motor it looks to have valve covers. The engines appear to be painted black. The intakes look like they could be aluminum, but not the dog-leg style. I'm sure somebody has seen and knows more about this picture. I always like the old factory pictures but I think it is later than 1910.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 11:44 am:

I think you're right

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

This image was first published in a series of articles that appeared in 1914 and 1915 issues of "The Engineering Magazine", which were authored by well-known automotive journalist Horace Lucian Arnold. All of Mr. Arnold's articles were republished by the Engineering Magazine in 1915 under the title "The Ford Methods and the Ford Shops".

When the work was about 75% complete, Mr. Arnold died unexpectedly. In order to complete the work, The Engineering Magazine brought in another journalist named Fay Leone Faurote. Mr. Faurote took up where Mr. Arnold left off, and fished the work almost seamlessly. "The Ford Methods and the Ford Shops" lists both Horace Lucian Arnold and Fay Leone Faurote as its authors, although Mr Faurote gave most of the credit to Mr. Arnold.

This particular photo appears in Chapter V "The Motor-Test Blocks and Chasdis Assembly Line", near the beginning of the chapter.

Respectfully Submitted,

Trent Boggess

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration