Forum Message

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Forum Message
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 11:46 am:

When adding your username and password to a post, is anyone else getting the message that this site is not secure and can be compromised?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 11:53 am:

Terry, i just started getting that also after a firefox update. Do you use firefox?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 01:38 pm:

I get that every now and then on Chrome

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 03:40 pm:

Hi Folks. I get it and I use Chrome

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 04:28 pm:

Chrome. We have had a few huge automatic updates in the past week. Screwed up a few things.

I better shut up now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Dix on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 04:40 pm:

I'm getting the same message on Horseless Carriage Foundation search when I try to log in. I use FireFox and there was an update recently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 06:27 pm:

I was on both my lap top and desk top. After clearing my cache and download history on my desk top it went away on my home computer (little older version of firefox), tried the same thing on the lap top with latest download of firefox but it still is showing not secure.
I was wondering if I was the only one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 06:35 pm:

Not yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 07:40 pm:

No need to worry, just means we haven't paid a third party for a certificate to say we are who we are.

You probably shouldn't set your password here the same as your bank account.

Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 01:34 am:

The latest edition of Firefox has just started telling me that......on several places I've been frequenting for years.....even this one.
https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Protect-your-privacy/Insecure-password-warning-in -Firefox/ta-p/27861
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 08:49 am:

I wouldn't worry about it. I'd bet 99.8% of you folks have Adobe Flash Player turned on for every site. You're far more likely to be hacked by errant Flash Player files. Not to mention your every move on the Internet logged by Google Analytics (Via Flash) and Windows 10.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 05:11 pm:

This is a new feature that is available starting in Firefox version 51.

Firefox will display a grey lock icon with a red strike-through in the address bar, when a login page youíre viewing does not have a secure connection. This is to inform you that if you enter your password it could be stolen by eavesdroppers and attackers.

Starting in Firefox version 52, you will also see a warning message when you click inside the login box to enter a username or password.

pw.jpg

Note: When you start typing in your login information, the warning message can obscure the password entry box. You can press the Enter key after you type in your username (or click outside of the password area) to dismiss the warning.
What can I do if a login page is insecure?

If a login page for your favorite site is insecure, you can try and see if a secure version of the page exists by typing https:// before the url in the location bar. You can also try to contact the web administrator for the site and ask them to secure their connection.
Not recommended: You can also continue to log in to the website even if the connection is insecure, but do so at your own risk. If you do go this route, try to use a unique password or a password that you donít also use for other important sites.
About insecure pages

Pages that need to transmit private information, such as credit cards, personal information and passwords, need to have a secure connection to help prevent attackers from stealing your information. (Tip: A secure connection will have "HTTPS" in the address bar, along with a green lock icon.)

Pages that donít transmit any private information can have an unencrypted connection (HTTP). It is not advised to enter private information, such as passwords, on a web page that shows HTTP in the address bar. The information you enter can be stolen over this insecure connection.
Note for developers

For developers looking to learn more about this warning, please see this page. The page explains when and why Firefox shows this warning, and will also provide some details on how to fix the issue. For more information, see this blog post and this Site Compatibility document.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

By the way, all my clearing didn't help after all.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration