Stuff that got hoarded too long

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Stuff that got hoarded too long
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 04:41 pm:

I've been going by here my whole life. Today I noticed somebody had cleaned up and there was a for sale sign. Just 10 years ago seems like there was a c-cab truck there, pieces are there. A building there burned and damaged some stuff. There is a convertible corvair and a 36 Plymouth coupe way down in there. Bunches of stuff that the guy never would sell. Too bad this stuff all sat outside wasting away. Can anyone identify the non-T? There were some 40s Buick or some GM cars that are gone, still a 50s Chevrolet. Guess I should have walked down in there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 04:58 pm:

Here are a few more picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 06:04 pm:

Corey, I have seen that many times. Very sad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

Hi Corey,

You really ought to investigate the possibility of any C Cab parts being present. The windshield stanchions are exclusive to the C Cab, likewise the cowl sides, doors and their hinges: they Are Not the same as passenger car parts. Some C Cab sheet metal is being reproduced, but not these parts.

You should have a look, better late then never. Good hunting. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

It looks like there are two partial C cabs. The picture at the top shows the obvious top section of a cab with parts of the lower section and parts of the seat riser. The second set of posted pictures shows a lower tub without a back and some of the same seat riser parts that are on the upper photo.

The doors that are on the lower tub could be the gem in the pile. As far as the windshield goes, the stanchions are the same as a car, it is the upper windshield frame that is unique. If it is there and usable it would also be a good score.

Even the lower support rails on the tub would be valuable to someone as well as the side covers on each side of the seat. Like Bill said, the C cab stuff is all hard to get and there are many people who would make a lot of use of what is laying there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

Hi Justin,

I am rather sure that the windshield stanchions are taller in addition to the upper windshield half being taller.

The doors and the cowl really ought to be salvaged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 09:09 pm:

There seems to be a whole lot of stuff that could/should be salvaged . . . if a guy has space in dry storage for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

There cool stuff out there but most of it is toast from sitting and the owners gonna fix it or not for sale it always seems. Looks like a lotta parts. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 09:20 pm:

Corey, you should try to get everything there that you can, Model T or not. There is almost always something usable no matter how rough it is, even if it just a bolt or bracket or something. Someone somewhere needs that stuff, if you can find out who! :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 10:33 pm:

Is that bottom left picture part of a c-cab? I thought it was part of a touring car and I couldn't figure out where the rest of it had attached. I saw no wood. I need to go back and look closer. Nothing early. Couple improved car frames but I think they were made into wagons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 10:58 pm:

Corey, yes the picture on the left is also a C cab. I didn't look that closely at it. It has the stanchions on it. It also looks to have at least one door on it. It may sound crazy but you could probably build a pretty decent C cab out of what is there. I wish it was all closer to me.

Bill, the stanchions are the same height as an open car. They even have the attaching points for the top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 11:43 pm:

It has both doors. I looked it over good because I have a 21 chassis with no body. I thought it was an improved car touring front half since I saw no wood. I guess if there was wood it probably rotted away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 11:50 pm:

Yep, lots of T stuff there, including looks like some '26-27 stuff. Definitely C cab, including the rare doors. The 4 cylinder engine MIGHT be Star. Just a WAG on my part though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 01:59 am:

Oof.
Love that dizzy on the back of the gen!
Similarish to the setup on a '29 Waukesha XA for IHC trucks.
And a pump at the back with a genuine "wire drive"? Fly by wire? Oop, that's Airbus.
I almost dripped my drool onto my lap. Cool stuff.
I was denied an intact C cab with BOTH doors last August. That hurt as I was there to get ALL model T parts...
Small side note: I got 2 Star front hubs in my pile last August.
Don't tell Ignacio about the rag-top Corvair... ;-)
Corey, have you been in contact yet? Sorry, such cool junk there.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration