FS 1911 original engine splash pans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: FS 1911 original engine splash pans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 06:09 pm:

I have two pair of original splash pans for sale. They are off of car #51358 and 46263. 45.00 per pair plus shipping. kdmks AT att.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

I'd like a pair. Sending email. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 06:37 pm:

One set is sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 07:06 pm:

I'd like the 46XXX pair if still available. PM sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

All the pans are sold, thanks mtfca!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 08:05 pm:

The big mystery, is where are cars 51358 and 46263? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 11:59 pm:

They were part of the lau collection in Portland OR. The cars were sold by private sales or on eBay prior to the two day sale of all the tools and parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Martin on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 07:52 am:

Hi Mark. Engine number 46263 was cast 2-21-11 and was fitted into a tourer on April 6th 1911. The engine block was a feature exhibit on page 96
in the Bible---MODEL T FORD The car that changed the World By Bruce W McCally.

I own engine, # 46262 the sister engine that was fitted into a Torpedo runabout on the same day, also the firewall plate #46262 to fit onto my 1911 tourer.

Richard Gould. I would love to own the sister engine pans of 46263 for 46262 if they ever come available.
Regards----Neil Martin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 09:56 am:

Thanks, that was the point of my inquiry, IMO it would be nice if those parts could be re-united with the cars that they came from. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:55 am:

Neil, the pans I am purchasing from Kim work well with my project. I have an open valve engine cast sometime in 1911. The date and serial number of the block were chipped off years ago except you can still see the number one in the date. The serial number of the pans have no significance to me other than they are correct for the car I am building. If you have a comparable set to trade I would be happy to do so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

Neil and Richard, I found another set that are very comparable. So if you are agreeable Richard, I'll sell the 46263 set to Neil and deliver the other set to you at Bakersfield. Then everyone should be happy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 01:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

OK with me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Martin on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 05:51 am:

Thanks Richard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Martin on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 06:19 am:

Kim--I have sent you a P.M. Thanks ---Neil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Martin on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 07:40 am:

Kim--I reread this post and have sent you an email
like you suggested in the first line of your FS.
Like they say, getting older !!!
Thanks for your time....Neil.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration