Snyders "New Day" Timer. New? Revised?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Snyders "New Day" Timer. New? Revised?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 12:20 am:

I was shopping online at Snyder's today and checked out their "New Day" Timer which, of all the timers they sell, they "feel that this is the best timer that you could use". It no longer has the S on it like the inferior plastic ones that were recently discussed on the Forum and the description says they are made out of bakelite. Has anyone tried out these S-less bakelite "New Day" timers and if you have, what do you think? Sounds like they may be like the originals. I ordered one and will report back as to how it performs. Jim Patrick

www.snydersantiqueauto.com/new-day-timer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 09:07 am:

Maybe they finally figured it out. I hope to hear something positive about them, and soon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:34 am:

They most likely had enough "bad publicity" regarding their "S" model New Day and are obtaining these new ones from Hutch in Spokane !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 12:08 pm:

Jim, I have had one of these timers on my coupe for about 500 miles and so far there is absolutely no wear and it's running great.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

Many good reports about this one:

https://www.twcomponents.com/untitled

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 04:52 pm:

I'm thinking the New day timer Snyders sells now is the one that was introduced a while back from the guy in Spokane. Its supposed to be made of some good materials. If its done right it should last like the originals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 05:01 pm:

I've been running a "New" New day for over two years. 500 Miles of which were run on the MT 500.(I finished 3rd) The rest of the miles Approx: 2000 have been on my Touring car. I have had no issues, no wear, no complaints. The "New" New Days are a great timer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 12:12 pm:

This is good to hear. Now, assuming the old "S" type are as bad as everyone says (And I'm not doubting it), maybe they will all be out of the system here shortly and we won't have to decipher which type someone has and also warn newbies about them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 12:26 pm:

I suspect Snyder's is selling the New Day manufactured by tom Carnegie, as John suggests. You can get it directly from Antique Auto Ranch.

http://www.antiqueautoranch.com/newwebsite/AntiqueAutoRanch/antique-auto-ranch.h tml

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 02:21 pm:

Ad in current Model T Times;
TipTop Timers, LLC
2225 North Dollar Rd
Spokane Valley Wa 99212
www.tiptoptimers.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

Ran the S type for over 5k never any problem with the case, as I have said many times it was all in the brush holder and brush. KGB

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration