HCCA National Tour -- OKC

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: HCCA National Tour -- OKC
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:25 am:

The HCCA had their annual tour in Oklahoma City this year, and they timed it to fit in with the swap meet in Chickasha. This is not OT, since about 2/3 of the cars on the tour were Model T's. :-)

Here are some pics, some in the hotel parking lot and some at tour stops.

A cute-as-a-bug '15 Runabout:

car

Winton:

w

Gorgeous '11 Torpedo:

t

Tim Kelly's Model K Ford:

k

Another Ford:

c

This is Gary Paulsen's '10 Touring:

p

And Gary's son Chris's '10 Touring. Chris organized the tour.

c

Some other cars:

c

c

'09 Ford with windscreen and lap protector:

c

c

c

This guy knows how to crank a Ford: :-)

c

A nice EMF:

c

c

We visited the Don Boulton collection in OKC. This is his '10 Selden:

c

Don likes 'em big and brassy:

d

Dean Yoder and I were to ride in Tim Kelly's '10 Tourabout, which he brought along with the K. In a pre-flight check, Dean discovered that the car had loose spokes in one wheel, so he opted not to drive it. So, in amongst all those megabucks cars, perfectly restored and spit-shined, there was Dean's car.

d

Dean drove his car (of course) from Iowa to the tour, and we rode it in the tour Mon.-Wed. HCCA allows '15 & earlier cars, but no one complained about Dean's "modern" '25 (at least not to us.) :-)

Being on an HCCA tour was a new experience for both of us. It was a "different" type of crowd from the Model T tours we're used to, but we had a great time nonetheless. They were cordial, like most old car folks. A couple of the wives who were taking pics of Dean's car said it was their favorite car on the tour! But they didn't say that when their husbands were within earshot. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:36 am:

Nice pics! A little chilly, was it? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 12:09 pm:

Looks like a great tour.

I think that Dean and Constintine are the royalty of Model T driving! They have to be the heroes of everyone here on the forum and also the role model/envy of all.

Guys keep the miles rolling and Godspeed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

Thanks for posting. That does look cold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

Thanks for taking the photos and posting them.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 03:07 pm:

Did someone say cold???? Monday's high temp was 40 degrees at 6 am. By 10:00, it was 34 degrees with a 41 mph north wind. And we were headed west for what seemed like hours and hours, so the wind blew right through. There was not a closed car on the tour, and only a couple of cars had curtains. The smarter folks drove modern. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 03:57 pm:

When you look at the two Paulsen cars here it's obvious they're both green. Later I'll post a picture showing them indoors at Chickasha, where they look black. It demmonstrates how you need direct sunlight to make those dark original colors show up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

More pics of Dons collection?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Mike- I'm glad you could join us. Thanks for posting the photos. I think everyone has fun, despite the cold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 08:58 pm:

Dave -- Sorry, I don't have any more. The cars were packed in pretty close, which makes it difficult to get good pics. And I'm not a big fan of those big brass cars anyway, I'm just an old Model T guy. :-)

You can google "Don Boulton collection" for more info and pics.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration