T plug gap with true fire ignition

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: T plug gap with true fire ignition
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:42 am:

What is the correct settings for the plug gap on stock coil ignition T vs true fine ignition? I want to put my new repo 2 piece spark plugs in and just put on a new langs fuel valve and fuel line and restored carb from langs, as well changed to the 1 piece Wilmo. Hoping it runs good. Thanks in advance for the information. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 11:09 am:

I would stay with the standard gap of .025"

I have the ETimer Ignition and .025" works best for me with the Edison spark plugs as well as the Ford standard ignition on magneto.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 11:31 am:

I'm running 0.030 on my Edison 14s and the Truefire, seems to be fine. I have a Regan kit in my coil box with new contacts, porcelains, and new spark plug wires. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 11:35 am:

FWIW, Ford spec is .032"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 11:54 am:

I've run on for more than 10 years. Consider that you are getting probably 40,000 volts, as this is essentially a modern electronic ignition system.
I believe the spark plugs on modern cars are set at about .040-.045"
So judge accordingly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 02:20 pm:

Tim I think I read in my TF sheets it said to set at 30.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael McGeorge Great Falls MT on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 02:37 pm:

True fire sheet calls for .035

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 07:25 pm:

Well I was close!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 07:40 pm:

When the TrueFire first came out I think they recommended .040, They have since changed it to .035. A few years ago there was a great debate on gaps and high compression heads using regular coil system so some recommended .025. I'm currently running .030 with a Z Head and TrueFire , it's been running great at .030.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 07:50 pm:

Thanks I set them at .30 and the seem fine. My new carb runs terrible floods etc. Something is stopped up in it but I didn't mess with it other to check the float level. I am gonna send it back and let langs send it back to the carb guy..Took it off, put my spare on it and it runs perfect. Thanks for the help. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 08:39 pm:

Thanks I set them at .30 and the seem fine. My new carb runs terrible floods etc. Something is stopped up in it but I didn't mess with it other to check the float level. I am gonna send it back and let langs send it back to the carb guy..Took it off, put my spare on it and it runs perfect. Thanks for the help. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration