Chickasha photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Chickasha photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 11:32 am:

As usual, it was great. I got a late start and arrived at 3:55 PM Thursday to find that folks had just started moving in. So here are a few shots from Moving-in Day.

Gary Paulsen drives in.

The Kiefers brought a swell roadster to sell.

Dean and Derek Kiefer.

Went to dinner with Dean Yoder and George Clipner...

...and Bill Carr.

Friday was my day for serious shopping. I didn't come looking for anything in particular, but found some neat stuff that said, "Buy me." Along the way I saw lots of forum folks and got pictures of a few of them.

Not for sale, just to admire.The owner of this neat 1915 drove it a lot.

Recently somebody asked about the availability of aluminum hogsheads, so I took pictures of several that I saw. Bill Bender had these priced to sell. One was $100 if I remember correctly.

Guys I recognize in this bunch are Mike Vaughn (black cap, left), Mike Bender (tan cap, center), and John Steele (white hat).

I loaded up on valve stems...

...and spindle nuts.

Mike Bender visiting with George House.

More aluminum hogsheads.

Lunch time in the south building.
I need to go get some work done. More later.

(Message edited by steve_jelf_parkerfield_ks on March 19, 2017)

(Message edited by steve_jelf_parkerfield_ks on March 19, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 11:37 am:

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 12:14 pm:

Thanks for posting this, Steve. I've never been to this one, as it's a long haul from New Jersey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

Nice to see.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

Thanks Steve

Nick Nicholas far left.
I am between Mike Bender and John Steele.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 02:33 pm:

Also a real big highlife is going to the private collections I wanted thank Jim Bradley of Edmond Oklahoma for inviting us to see his collection.he was kind enough to give us a , one on one with all info on his collection ,The 1909 Packard model 18na. Town car... it was bitchen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 02:46 pm:

Here the town car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 02:48 pm:

I hope Jim does not mind the picture up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 02:53 pm:

Who's that scruffy-looking caveman standing to the left of the Packard ? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

Steve, I was glad to finally meet you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 03:46 pm:

Steve, Thanks for posting these.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

Nice meeting you Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

Good job Steve !! My pics going up shortly.

Geo. n L.O.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:30 pm:

OK, here's the rest. More of Friday:

More aluminum hogsheads. I think I must have seen at least a dozen.

1936 Chrysler.

Sweet T.

There were a couple of steamers this time.

Rich Chillingworth (right) shopping for parts.

I thought this modern car with its matching trailer looked pretty neat.

I saw several of these Daleco timers.

Jerry Davis, Ernie Sutherland, Tim Eyssen.

The other steamer. It's a White.

Pretty fancy.

Pretty big for a sewing machine.

Want to change bands without removing the hogshead? This should help.

Just undo the pedals and pull them off.

See your local Hudco dealer.

Kimberly Shirk, Verne Shirk, Gary Paulsen.

Ed Emerson listening to The Little Ford Rambled Right Along.

Really?

You never really know how good they are until you blast them. Maybe it was a great deal. If not, I wasted only ten bucks.

It runs, and the horn works too.

Not really patina, but lots of character.

1913 White followed by Chris and Gary Paulsen's 1910 Fords.

White engine.

There was still more shopping to do and things to see Saturday morning:

Dean is hitting the road back to Iowa.

Mark Freimiller (yellow shirt) loading up more goods for Model T Haven.

1913 wide track sold.

Almost too pretty to use.

George Clipner, Thomas & Todd Hammer.

I didn't get pictures of everything and everybody, but it was a swell meet. If the good Lord's willin' and the cricks don't rise, I'll go again next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:39 pm:

It is not cricks, it is Creek.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:41 pm:

Steve,

Was there a lot of folks there Saturday, or was it more like a one day meet as it has been in the past.
I would have liked to have been there but it was not in the cards this year.

Ted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:42 pm:

Thanks for all the pictures of both cars and people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:57 pm:

Nice pics Steve. I posted my pics on another thread. Ted Im not Steve, but the crowd was thin on Saturday. It may take a year or two for the Saturday date to help. The really big problem is the vendors leaving early. Its only a two day meet with a parking lot swap/setup day. Come on all you vendors who leave early. Leaving early is only shooting yourself in the foot. I try to be first in line and stay as long as I can on Saturday. Even If I do not sell anything I still have fun, meet folks, and help promote a very good swap meet. and I will be as close to the front of the line as I can be next year, as well as one of the last of those leaving. We are never last to leave, but we stay till it serves no purpose to stay any longer. Im already looking forward to next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 05:04 am:

I MUST come over next year - and I am afraid I may bring a few other "Wiking T'ers" with me. Several have expressed interest.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 07:36 am:

I have one of those Hudco hogsheads on my 25 coupe. Worth its weight in gold when changing bans. If you use one, seal it with the same felt that seals the hogshead to the block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 07:42 am:

Dan, it depends on where you are. In some places Maw biles water from the crick to warsh the duds. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 07:44 am:

Thanks for the pictures.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 08:13 am:

Awesome, thanks Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 08:46 am:

Steve, where was that Hudco hogs head located. ??? I never saw it. Any idea on the price. ??? I would love to have one of them for the speedster project... OH well maybe next year .:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 09:52 am:

Steve: Has nothing to do with H2O. It is about Indians. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 10:01 am:

Apologies for the thread drift, but that 1905 White steam car belongs to Mike Ersland. He winds steam generator coils for Whites, including ones that are in five of Jay Leno's White steam cars. He had the 1905 White at last year's Hershey meet, I spent quite a bit of time at his booth taking pictures of one of his coils and his car. :-)

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:31 pm:

That White steamer just won the Pamphilon Distinguished Car Award at the AACA national convention in Philadelphia. It is presented to "a pre-1916 self-propelled land vehicle of outstanding merit entered in a National AACA Meet". Quite an honor and, after seeing these pictures, I understand why it won!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 01:02 pm:

Thanks to all of you who took pictures of the White. Two-seaters seem pretty rare to me. Those Gray and Davis headlights look nice on it. I enjoy all these photos but the Whites are a special treat.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

Galen West bought that Hudco Saturday morning. I never saw it either. Considering all the Chickasha parts that are on ebay this morning a lot of people must have got some good buys. I did score a new old stock S4BF carb. I'm happy. Can't get every deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 01:14 pm:

Thanks Steve for sharing the photos and commentary as well as the tips on T spark plug selection via your website!

Thanks to Mark for sharing the additional White steamer photos. The White Steamer in operation was indeed a sight to behold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

I'm not sure if it's the same hogshead I saw, but there was one in the NW corner of the North building on Saturday.

I agree with Donnie about trying to keep the vendors for Saturday. Some were leaving by noon on Friday already. I was still selling until late Friday, but very little sold on Saturday... there were some buyers there still, but all my better parts were picked over already. We started packing around noon Saturday and were on the road about 2:00.

We reduced gross tonnage by quite a bit, and went home with cooler stuff than we came with while nearly breaking even. A success in my mind anyway, even if my wife disagrees! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 03:27 pm:

Those pretty mag coils come from Minnesota and are the very best around. Mark F built a device that rewinds each coil to perfection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph Fitz-Gerald on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 05:16 pm:

Does anyone remember what the asking price was for the Hudco transmission cover?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 05:24 pm:

Derek, Did you sell that nice green '26 Roadster that you brought? Just wondering.....

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 05:33 pm:

Keith, no it did not sell, but I do have a possible trade deal that might happen. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 05:42 pm:

Thanks, Derek.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

I usually leave at about noon on the last day. By 11:00 Saturday, I was getting antsy because I hadn't sole anything all day. But by noon, I had sold over $300 worth. I left at 12:30 a happy camper.

I went there "not needing anything" but bought over $300 on Thursday morning in the lineup. This is the first time I remember ever leaving with more money than I brought. Sold lots of stuff on Friday. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick mischler on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

The hudco hogs head was 400.00 he had 2 of them table next to Mike bender in the north building corner by the brass touring but I can't remember his name

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 11:41 pm:

Pat, Gary Hylton from Kansas City.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph Fitz-Gerald on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 07:21 am:

Patrick Thanks for the letting me know the price of the Hodco

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 09:37 am:

Years ago a friend of mine bout a T touring (his first and only T). You can imangine my surprise when I lifted up the floorboards and saw a Hudco in there. Just goes to show when you buy a T you never know what might have been installed on it. By the way, sealing it up took a good amount of silicone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug hauge upstate NY stittville 13469 on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 10:08 am:

the hudco hogs head was john mclearn's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 07:54 pm:

Thanks for the cool pics Steve. My highlight of the swapmeet was when Royce Petersen offered me a ride in his 107 year old Ford touring. I didn't sell much and suffered a stolen item . Some SOB palmed a NOS Champion X plug with a nicely nickeled primer valve. Did anyone stay for the Saturday night. Endor's dinner?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

Cool finds. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration