Folding seat hitting choke adjustment knob

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Folding seat hitting choke adjustment knob
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo - Linton, IN on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 11:50 am:

When I fold the seat on my 27 Tudor the seat hits the choke knob. Nothing has been changed on seat mounting. Is this a common problem? It is wearing a spot on the seat upholstery.

Thanks,
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 12:14 pm:

Different lengths of choke knob rods, if the knob doesn't rest flush on dash maybe your choke rod is too long?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

How far out is the knob sticking from the dash ? I would venture to say it should be just about touching the dash with it in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 01:15 pm:

Mine does the same
Thing and everything's original to the car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 01:34 pm:

My folding '27 Tudor seat has supports on the front of the seats that are actually the "hinges" and they have a slight curve built into the rod. Would reversing the rod move the seat toward the rear and away from the choke rod?
It did on mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 02:37 pm:

+1 what John said. The front seats are adjustable fore and aft by reversing the curved brackets or moving the bracket to a different hole in the seat frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

I have a 26 sedan I moved my seat back. The bracket that is revited to the floor can be reversed , plus the bracket between the cushin and the wood seat base can be reversed. Mine folds up under the dash. You can even grind the revited head off and move everything back to the cross brace, and drill a new hole down throu the cross brace, and the wood under nethe thin go with a longer bolt!!! Hope this helps!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 11:36 am:

Look at a '26-7 parts book. I believe it shows 6 or 7 different lengths of choke rods. It is possible you have the wrong one. The parts book gives the length of each.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration