Muffler wrap ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Muffler wrap ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 01:50 pm:

Replacing the "asbestos" wrap on the muffler on my '13. Material has a smooth side and a pebbly side - which goes outside? Also, how are the metal retaining straps positioned ? Which direction do they tie off, and how are they spaced ?

Thanks for the help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 03:02 pm:

The original asbestos wrap that I had and used was smooth on both sides so I would say smooth side out. As far as the straps are concerned, I put one in the middle and spaced the other 2 about an inch and a half in from each end. I seriously doubt there was any specific measurement. I must admit that I paid no attention to which side the straps were tied off other than to make sure they were all going on the same side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 05:59 pm:

Does this help? Its a picture of my original 1913 muffler on my 13 touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

Yes it does Bob. Thank you !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration