Camshaft Bearings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Camshaft Bearings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 05:24 pm:

As many on the forum already know the new camshaft bearings that the vendors are offering have several issues that make it impossible to install them straight out of the box. I am helping a friend freshen up the engine in his 24 touring and the camshaft bearings are shot. Is anybody making good reproduction cam bearings or re-pouring original ones?

Thanks,
Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 06:30 pm:

I have had issues with all of them, some measure all over, others you need to turn the outside and finish cutting the inside so when you split them you do not take the Babbitt out of the shell, if you find the perfect one let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Musegh Kalon on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 02:03 pm:

Kohnke Machine in Iowa is still pouring originals.
(515)546-4551 Ask for Herman
Good Luck!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration