OT Harbor Freight Lawsuit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT Harbor Freight Lawsuit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

Anyone else get an email about Harbor Freight being sued for improper pricing in Ohio? I got one and it seems to me to be just a bit "phishy". It says that if I don't want to participate in the lawsuit, I have to contact them with my name and address or else I will be involved. I've never heard of a lawsuit that you have to opt out of if you don't want to be involved. They ain't gettin' nothin' from me. Anyone else run into anything like this? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

SCAM! You would never have to opt out. If you still have the email I would suggest you send a copy to the Ohio Attorney General. Sure smells like a dead herring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 05:48 pm:

Dave, I would like to sell some great land in Florida!! How about a bridge in Brooklyn?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy kum on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

one of those was in my mail too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 05:56 pm:

Pretty much all class action lawsuits presume you are a class member and require you to opt out to be excluded from benefits. Only time I can think someone would want to opt out is if they want to sue in their individual capacity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 05:57 pm:

Hey Dallas! That sounds great! How 'bout trading some TT parts!? :-):-):-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 05:59 pm:

Not me, I don't buy their crap!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

This one actually appears to be legitimate and nationwide. There are discussions and several links to the claim site if you google it. I would look into this further before calling it a scam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 06:30 pm:

Dave, I cant believe you went to Ohio and bought tools and didnt stop by.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 06:53 pm:

When i read the title i thought they were after me for bad mouthing their crap!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 06:55 pm:

Unlike Willis, I like to spend more money on my car than on tools, given that I have a limited supply and have to prioritize. That said, I do shop and purchase tools from Harbor Freight. I've yet to have any tool that I've bought from them fail.

I haven't received any emails about the lawsuit, but I'll let you all know if I do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

I got an email and I just delegated it.
Also I shop at Harbor Freight.

Why pay more for something that works?
In most cases I don't need commercial grade stuff.
Their engine hoist, floor jacks, hose retractors, steel ramps, etc. work for me.
There are a few things I would not purchase from them but on the whole they are OK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 07:24 pm:

Standard practice for class action lawsuits. Opt out if you want to pursue a claim on your own. Also standard practice that no one will make any money on this other than the lawyers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

It's on a bunch of websites. They are are saying it's legit. As usual the lawyers are getting most of the money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:17 am:

I got one that I haven't looked at closely and I'm in Texas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 08:50 am:

Well, I need the industrial grade stuff as I do this for a living working on the big rigs and heavy off road equipment. I need tools that I can continuously rely on. A younger guy they hired just a few months back buys at Harbor Freight. He has broken a number of tools since being hired here as he shows me them and I just shake my head! He is slowly starting to buy Snap On though. I recently picked up a Snap On Thermal Imager at a very good price and I can't wait till I can take the old cars out (still very cold here) and see how the radiators are cooling (or heating up). Can also, see if the brakes are working evenly and if bearings are overheating. The future brings testing equipment only Buck Rodgers had!

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 09:31 am:

Dallas:

I'll trade you a nice corner lot in Uganda for the Florida land. I didn't bite on the New York bridge deal but I guess you did. Sorry about that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 09:55 am:

I hear the tiral will be held in a large tent in their parking lot. Defendants and Plantiffs will be notified by a colorful mailing circular in their mailbox.
All sworn witnesses will be give a free flashlight. Batteries are not included.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 10:11 am:

Robert,

Thanks for the laughs! Need it on a Monday morning.

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Chris Landry is correct; the lawyers get their big fee and the customers usually get a few - very few - dollars. These lawsuits are usually brought by law firms in order to make huge sums. Many of the suits are just plain ridiculous. A few years back, John Deere was sued because some Briggs and Stratton engines that were installed in their Lawn tractors had just a hair over 19 HP instead of the 20 advertised ponies. My 19 HP L120 worked (and still works) great. I have even towed my Model T with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

I have to wonder how many of the "If you don't put disc brakes on your Model T, you don't love your kids" type on here will crawl under a car sitting on Harbor Freight jackstands. Sorry, just thinking out loud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:31 pm:

I DO NOT crawl under a car on ANY jack stands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:40 pm:

Hal: the 6 ton Jack stands work well with my model "T" the ones I worry about are the ones who crawl under any car with only a Jack supporting it,& I don't care who makes the Jack!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

I use high and low end tools, A high end Armstrong 3/8" wobble wrench the only one made in America as I understand is about 135.00 The same one from Sears about 35.00 not quit as good but works fine-----the choice is your pocket book. My Armstrong cost 2.00 at a garage sale. My 300 pound capacity lawn mower and ATV lift is very well designed for 79.00 at Harbor freight. Replacing a belt on the deck is easy now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 04:52 pm:

I use high and low end tools, A high end Armstrong 3/8" wobble wrench the only one made in America as I understand is about 135.00 The same one from Sears about 35.00 not quit as good but works fine-----the choice is your pocket book. My Armstrong cost 2.00 at a garage sale. My 300 pound capacity lawn mower and ATV lift is very well designed for 79.00 at Harbor freight. Replacing a belt on the deck is easy now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 09:02 pm:

I recently got a phone call that said my Microsoft Windows program license had expired and I would have to pay money to renew it.

I told them don't be ridiculous, it came on the computer when it was bought new and the license was for a lifetime and paid for as part of the price.

They hung up on me!

A friend told me he paid and went to the website they gave him and could download nothing.

I told him there was a reason for that situation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 09:19 pm:

My wife got one of those Microsoft phone calls and handed the phone to me.
I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with them and finally said that I did not know that my Apple computer had a Microsoft operating system.
They hung up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 10:23 pm:

I have bought stuff at HF but no more than I use most of it, has worked perfectly for me. I normally by craftsmen hand tools at or local flea market and occasionally find a old Ford wrench as well but the craftsmen always seem much cheaper $. I didn't hear about the law suit. My dad buys a lot there..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 02:41 am:

Because more people think with their Wallets than their heads!

Willis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration