Any ideas on what year this might be?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Any ideas on what year this might be?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy kum on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 07:38 pm:

1927 ?
?
???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 07:48 pm:

Remains of a 24-25 coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 07:58 pm:

Aren't those wire wheels worth some serious money?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 08:30 pm:

Probably an assemblage of parts. I can't see if the fenders are correct for it or not. Wheels are '26/'27, value of the wheels depends upon condition, and the hubs are worth almost as much as good wheels (if they are there).
Body does appear to be a '24/'25 coupe. Look the doors over. If they are heavy wood framed originally, that is 1924. 1925 model Year had lighter steel framed doors. A lot of people prefer the body with steel framed doors. Minor differences changed on these bodies throughout '24 and '25, however most of the pieces will cross over and work through most of the changes.
An ambitious project, with many possibilities. If most of the parts are good, it could be well restored and become a really nice car!
A word of advice. I won't try to talk people out of such restorations, at least not very often. The work is rewarding. The satisfaction upon completion is irreplaceable. I have restored several cars from less myself. I like knowing what is inside, every nut, bolt, flaw, hack-job patch, along with everything I did right. Cars I have bought all done, I always have some doubt about the hidden details. But that is silly me.
You cannot come out ahead financially doing a restoration like this. They always take too much time, and cost more than one would expect. Buying a better car to begin with, and spending less time and money on it is the smarter thing to do financially (provided you use a little sense choosing along the way). But restoring a car from this state does have rewards that nicer cars don't, IF you are up to the challenge!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy kum on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

Dennis i thought it was a 26/27 what makes you say 24-25?
Robert i'm not sure

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy kum on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 08:57 pm:

wayne thanks for the advice
there is wood throughout the car ......24/25 it is!
i don't believe the fenders and the radiator are original to the car.
chassis and running gear may not be either

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Markuson, Whitefish , Montana on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 09:20 pm:

Good advice by Wayne. Been there done that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 08:59 am:

Tommy, It is probably a 24-25 coupe. The 26 27 bodies are all steel with no wood. The only wood in a 26-27 coupe are a few tack strips to nail the uphoulstery to. The fenders could be 24-25 if they have the lip at the front to match up to the 23-25 style radiator apron. I believe the wheels are 26-27 but it is hard to say from the pics. They could be Model A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 09:46 am:

Definitely a 24-25 Coupe for the body. Its a bunch of parts put in a group to look like a car. Value is probably around 500-600. Maybe. If the window risers in the 2 front doors are missing you will have a very hard time finding them. Those risers and the body moulding trim are the most difficult body parts to find for these cars. If I was wanting to restore a T I would find a Roadster or Touring.

The closed cars are harder because nobody is making the body parts for them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 02:34 pm:

John;
That would be wrong RE; no one makes wood for them.
Yes they do.
http://www.fordwood.com/images/cpe23new.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy kum on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 09:09 pm:

Donnie i believe it is a 25 the doors are all steel.....
looking at the price of the wood kit i wish it was a 26/27!
John the risers are there. the trim pieces.... they cover the seams up right ? i think the are there as well.
the wheels i believe are from a 26/27
the main body parts are from one car
the fenders from something else

i'm more than likely not smart enough to turn this thing away...... the steel is rust free. it seems like it should live again.........there is a chassis and i get to put together a nice motor from jerry's collection of speed parts

sherman heads

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 09:12 pm:

By saying body parts I should have said sheet metal body parts. Howells does make the pieces under the doors and the rear deck lid I think but that's it. Pretty sure no one makes the trim or window risers for the wood framed doors.

I was lucky that was my 24 Coupe had most all the interior pieces, door locks and 1 window riser on the passenger side. It took me 3 years to find the matching one for the drivers side. I happened to see a rusted up one on Ebay that no one bid on but me. I got it for 5.00! I repaired the remains and it works OK. Never saw one at any of the meets including Chickasha. Just got lucky I guess. And Yes Fordwood does make the body wood . I bought the back seat frame and 2 pieces for the trunk when I restored my 24.

If I ran across just the hull of a coupe or sedan I would pass it up due to all of the missing interior parts and trim. Its just to hard to find .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration