Wire from choke lever to choke rod slide lever

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wire from choke lever to choke rod slide lever
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:42 pm:

What type of wire was originally used to connect the choke rode lever to the sliding lever on the choke rod? I looked through Snyders online Model T parts site, but could not find one to order so I guess we are expected to make our own. What is the proper way of bending the ends so that it will not come off the choke lever or sliding lever? Thank you. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 01:06 am:

I use welding rod, and being the anal retentive perfectionist that
I am, I put perfect little round loops on each end. The rod is stiff
enough to stay put and not bend and keeps those little ends just
as I make them until I have to remove it for some reason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

This bulletin picture shows good detail of how to form the pull wire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 10:20 pm:

There was a piece of wire to operate choke on my 26 RPU when I got it. The wire ran up through the floor to dash. I used that piece to make mine.coat hanger I believe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Stryker on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 07:21 am:

AHH! I thought that is how it should be connected, but could not quite figure it out. Thanks for the picture!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Levans - Lafayette, Indiana on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 08:27 am:

Not "correct", but I use a length of light chain. I could never get the wire to work right without sometimes falling off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 10:22 am:

That is what they look like, and yes, coat hangers work great. Just try to duplicate that bend at the bottom, and the rest of it will fall into place.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration