Some Chickasha pic from a Arkansas Traveler

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Some Chickasha pic from a Arkansas Traveler
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

Here are some of the pics I took at Chickasha. Had a great time ... Maybe there will not be too many repeats of photos posted on other threads.

Arrived early, we were the first thru the gate.

The owner of this setup thought this may have been airplae model T parts .

One of the few things I was looking for was some 30 X 3-1/2 steel felloe non demountable wheels for my early 1926 non starter touring. Here is a nice set that would have looked real nice on my old car and they had non skid tires to boot. The only problem was they were attached to this chassis I did not need :-( :-( "bummer"

Nice old "salesmen body" on an early T. Just a nice old truck

Dean Yoder's rig. He drove in from Iowa.

Me on my scooter this year. They told me if I do not take care of my back and legs, Ill need surgery. I do not like surgery. :-( :-( So this year I used a scooter. :-)

My friend stole my scooter.....

Just had to take another photo of the salesman truck when it made it inside out of the sun ...

I saw more accessory wire wheel sets this year than I have ever seen before. I took photos of a bunch of them but I did not get pictures of all the sets.

a early sheet metal mag ring and either a 11 or 12 engine (I do not remember)

Constantine

probably the best buy on accy wire wheels 850.00 for set of four and hubs.

and still some more wire wheels

our motel room where we stay during the meet, with all the comforts of home :-) :-)

I wanted this aermore display, but missed out on buying it.

I believe this was a very early Olds chassis ????

White Sewing Machine Company This was my favorite car at the meet. It was absolutely beautiful ...

Another "patina project" I hope to see photos of soon. This was bought by another "patina lover"

Mark from "Model T Haven" loading up. so the swap meet must be over for this year.

Ill try and post pics of my treasures tomorrow ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 11:27 pm:

for some reason one of the pics of the "airplane" model T engine parts did not load. Ill try both of the pics again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:08 am:

Donnie, Thnka for posting the pictures... They're great!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:31 am:

Donnie, i think I spotted two pairs of 26-7 roadster rear fenders. Any idea on the price of those?

The Hayes wire wheels were not a set. They are all front hubs, with two drilled to fit small brake drums. Don't know how they would fit on a rear hub.
Still, the price was ok.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:40 am:

Donnie- any idea who owned the 4wire wheels in the picture after the $800 set of Hayes wheels?

Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:45 am:

WOW! What a great selection of pictures. Thanks for taking the time.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:51 am:

It was a pleasure meeting Donnie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 07:25 am:

Donnie,

Great images !

Thanks for sharing ..... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 08:40 am:

Allen, I do not know the price. I try to take pics of the price sign if there is one. But most of the time there is no price and no one home ... The 800.00 Hayes wire wheels had a rear wood wheel hub that had been machined to fit the wheels. It looked like everything would work OK. The way it was machined, allowed the wheels to be supported on the hub and not just the bolts. Dan, Sorry but I do not know who had the wheels. It was also a pleasure meeting George and lots of other folks from the forum. Ill try and post pics of my treasures later today ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 08:51 am:

Dan-

John Williams from Cedar Rapids, Iowa owns them now. If you give me a call I can give you his number. 712-301-7172

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 09:00 am:

Thanks for the additional pictures Donnie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Raynor in Southampton on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 09:15 am:

Thanks for the pictures,I was on the fence about going the 1500 miles from here to there, those pictures sealed the deal for me. The planing starts now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 09:52 am:

Donnie, I was glad to finally meet you and I enjoyed the long talk and stories about the good old days. See you next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 10:49 am:

Donnie, thanks for the pics. Do you know what the Aeremore display sold for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 10:51 am:

Wow, look at that V12 engine block and head! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 11:05 am:

Great pictures Donnie! I see you got a picture of my Roadster with the flat tire. A new tube from Coker fixed that right up. :-)

I still blame Dad for that, as he drove it last before it went flat. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 11:34 am:

Derek, Your really smart for such a young T guy. Deny any and all responsibility for things that happen, and pass the blame to Dad. I see you going places in this world. :-) :-) It was nice to meet your dad and also get to visit with ya'll. (I can legally use ya'll as Im a real deal hillbilly from the Ozark mountains of Arkansas) Tom, No, I do not know what it sold for. The guy that bought it would not say. He just set it on the table to annoy all of us who missed it. but if I had bought it I would have done the same thing :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:08 pm:

The V12 was a Seagraves fire truck engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 01:17 pm:

Thanks for sharing Donnie! Enjoyed the picts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 01:33 pm:

Donnie, I just know who would have been blamed if it was me driving his car. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 03:58 pm:

Eye Spy Wayne Funk with his Winton. I followed his pie wagon all day on the Jamboree in Escanaba.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Brintnall on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

Donnie, Seth and George, thanks for the pictures. I couldn't make it, but you all helped me think I did. Allen So.W. Mo.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration