Exhaust whistle?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Exhaust whistle?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:00 am:

Hi, I just removed my exhaust pipe and it is moth eaten. Luckily I have a replacement already. However the old one has an exhaust whistle on it activated by a foot pedal near the front seat. See the picture. Is it salvageable? The mechanism is frozen. Is it worth keeping on the car? I am unsure how it is attached. Was this original?

Exhaust whistle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:46 am:

That's an exhaust cut out.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=petry+tuning+up+valve&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gws_rd=ssl#q=%22petry+tuning+up+valve%22&*

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 01:07 am:

And so it is. Thank you.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration