Unknown Parts ID

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Unknown Parts ID
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

These were included in a box of parts I bought at Chickasha and I don't know what they are.

Can anyone help me with their ID?

One of them has a bigger diameter than the other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

I believe they may be for shock mounts possibly Model A. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

They look like an aftermarket for the spring shackle. I used a set on a 1935 Ford during the 1950's. You drive them into the spring perch and into the eye at the end of the spring and then a flat piece with holes on each end bolt between those pieces. There is rubber between the bolt and the outer sheath.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 01:48 pm:

Norman nailed it. If you have ever cussed the shackles and bushings on a T "you ain't seen nothin' yet". I found trying to pound them or press them out after they have lived there for 40 years or more is more than difficult. I had to get them hotter that I wanted to to soften the rubber. Then I had to chisel the metal shell out in pieces. And their location makes it difficult to even get at. I'm thinking they were not Henry's idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 01:59 pm:

On second thought maybe difficult isn't the word I was looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 11:40 pm:

Thanks for the ID.

Anyone need them? You're welcome to them for the price of postage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 08:19 am:

I would like them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 11:31 am:

Will....shoot me an email to: rustyfords@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 11:47 am:

Job well done it's nice to see parts get to folks who can use them.
Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration