TOURING-FRONT SEAT HEEL PANEL LOCATION??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: TOURING-FRONT SEAT HEEL PANEL LOCATION??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 01:58 pm:

1923 Touring;
Finally (I hope), I must ask for some clarification about the location of the front seat heel panel. I have ask before and received answers, but as I must now get the correct answer: IS THE FRONT SEAT HEEL PANEL ALIGNED WITH THE FRONT OR REAR SURFACE OF THE PILLAR THAT IS AT THE REAR OF THE RIGHT FRONT DOOR? This is also called the front seat front pillar.

Thank you-Paul in Tacoma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 06:27 pm:

Paul,

I am also piecing a Touring together so I don't have the definitive answer but I do have an original wood pillar that I used as a reference. As far as I can tell, the heel panel is not flush with the front of the wood pillar but is just slightly back from that about 1/4" or so. The driver side is back a little further since the pillar is wider to allow for a tacking surface for attaching the side kick panel. Hopefully someone can provide a photo of an original car.

Front heel panel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

For what its worth my 21 Touring is similar to the above picture. The space is as above to allow for tacking the passenger side panel and pretty much the same as the drivers side. But that's on my 21.
Maybe this can be of some help.

Surely some one has a 23 that can give a reference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 12:53 am:

1915-1921;
Passenger side

Drivers side

I have a friend with a low radiator 23 but it will be a while till I can get over to take photos.
Could you post photos of the ends, back and side. Maybe we could figure it out from how it's made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 07:07 am:

What you guys are saying is helpful and correct. According to Leon's plans, the back (aft) surface of the front seat, front pillar is the same distance from the rear of the sill (both sides), but because the LH pillar is thicker the front surface is a bit forward of the RH pillar. The LH side measurements are not that critical. The location of the RH pillar is critical when establishing the front door opening. I will finally locate the seat frame after the door opening is correct. Keep any more info. coming my way. I have the plans handy, so feel free to ask me anything that I may be able to help you with.
Paul in Tacoma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 06:45 pm:

Paul;
Sent you a PM.
MarkG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

Mark;
I sent you my email info.
Thank you-Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 01:41 pm:

Photos sent. I sent them as 3 or 4 groups. If you don't get them check your spam. LOL :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration