Dual exhaust

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Dual exhaust
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 04:40 pm:

Anyone know how the pipes hook to a dual exhaust manifold and can I use two pipes from Langs. The manifold doesn't have threaded ends to attach the down pipe. I'm hoping to mount duals on the speedster and would like to use two pipes from lands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 05:05 pm:

I took mine to a custom exhaust shop and had them bend and install the way that I wanted them installed. The pipes must be welded to the flange that comes with the manifold. I did wrap the pipes to prevent the floor boards from heating up. Worked very well.

(Message edited by Mike Vaughn on March 20, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 05:07 pm:

There's a flat plate that comes with the manifold and it bolts to the exhaust manifold, you weld your pipes to that plate. And yes you can use two pipes from Langs, that's exactly what I did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 05:07 pm:

I don't think it is "PIPES", it goes into a single exhaust pipe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 05:22 pm:

Here a shot of how the pipes are run under the car. I run straight pipes, it has a good sound and really is not that loud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 05:48 pm:

The flange supplied has two holes. You can attach two tail pipes or combine them into one big one, what ever you prefer. Just don't reduce the total volume of the system in a small single pipe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 10:16 pm:

I did not weld mine. I slipped the plate over the pipes up to the flange, then tapped the flanges down flat with a hammer. Then clamped them to the manifold with the gasket in place. I used two stock pipes from one of the vendors and do not run mufflers. Not really loud till you get up to about 60.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 12:28 am:

I yield! :-) (and learn)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Micheal Crowe on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 05:39 pm:

Can you take a picture of manifold? Do I have to cut the manifold clamps or use them like are?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 06:36 pm:

Look in Lang's, Snyder's, Chaffins's catalogs they all have them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 06:42 pm:

The manifold clamps are used as is. Longer studs are used with spacers that the clamps press against. It takes another set of hands to hold everything in place when installing. Intake and exhaust manifolds and spacers all need to be held in place while the clamps are being tightened.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

Mike,

How about a picture of the whole speedster?

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

Here you go Willis. Here is a link to a video of the car at the Speedster Reunion in 2015 during the hill climb. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKrn3A2sw7I

(Message edited by Mike Vaughn on March 21, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

Thanks Dennis.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration