26 coupe- Need opinions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 26 coupe- Need opinions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 11:16 pm:

Looking at a 26 coupe that a friend has. Would say it was restored a long time ago. Has the remains of a 1954 sticker of some kind in the windshield. The body is one of the straightest I've seen. Back fenders are nearly perfect, doors open and close better than my daily driver. Body is STRAIGHT!, cannot find any trace of filler. Paint has some small patches of surface rust, a little rust through on the bottom of the rear trunk edge and a few bubbles between the pass. door and fender. The body panel and hood fit are really nice. The wheels are super tight, it almost looks like the wood spokes were replaced with metal as the wheels were rock solid and I could not see any sign of wood grain and the spoke shape was too perfect. Anybody heard of wheels with metal "wood" spokes? Interior is there, but will need replacing as well as new top material, but the top wood looks nice. Every part on this car appears to be correct for a 26 with the exception of the intake and carb, it has a straight through Holley. The radiator looks good, no water pump, nickel plated shell and headlight rims. Under hood looks great with the original engine pans. The car has not been run for at least 30 years, but that will soon change. Under car looks nice, painted, no excessive leaks. It just looks like an older very well done restoration. To be back on the road it will need- new wiring, tires, interior and top, probably some gaskets, rear end gone through. My question is- If it runs and drives decent, what is it worth? (I was quoted a price that seems to be cheap to me) I was not able to take pictures on this trip, but will hopefully get some on the next trip.

Many Thanks in advance,
Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 11:21 pm:

Sounds like the rims you have are p g and e "s. Steel spoke

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 11:27 pm:

I would say if the body is nice and the rear fenders are rust free I would say around 5 grand

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration