An Italian joins the collection.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: An Italian joins the collection.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 02:54 am:

There is a fellow in Australia who makes larger than life sculptures using old spa˝ners welded together, so I bought a box full at a swap meet last Sunday. After discarding numerous files, nuts and bolts,screwdrivers and various other stuff, I Was left with these.

Among them were some treasures

There is a United Nations in this lot. The tap holder is by S. W. Card, Mansfield,Mass. They closed down in 1908. The C wrench and the other wrench are both branded De Dion Bouton, a French manufacturer of cars and the little pair of pliers are an Italian manufacturer still making automotive service equipment and tools.

I have collection of various pliers, pincers, cutters etc., all made like these.

They must somehow have the two pieces threaded through each other before the ends of the tool are forged. I find that most of them sre far better made than anything available today.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 10:27 am:

Any Maxwell tools?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 02:30 pm:

John, Maxwells tools are on eBay all the time.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0 .H0.XMaxwell+wrench.TRS0&_nkw=Maxwell+wrench&_sacat=0

Howard Dennis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration