Posting BIG (full size) photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Posting BIG (full size) photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

The MTFCI forum bit the dust due to lack of traffic, but the website is far better than MTFCA's in one regard. That is in posting photos of members' cars. Probably due to more modern software, the pictures on MTFCI can be much bigger. If you're an MTFCI member, send some nice pictures of your car(s) to Steve Bumgarner. You can send them full size, as I did, and he will make them fit but fill the screen. If you already submitted yours in postage stamp size, you can email him a full size copy to replace it.

https://www.modelt.org/modern-photos.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 02:42 pm:

Got my '12 & '13 in there...only thing is it takes the page friggin' forever to load! My hi-speed Wi-Fi aint so hi-speed!! :-( :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

-Tim-
Even if you have high speed internet, the limitation comes in with your Wi-Fi router. Your internet provider may be giving you 60 MegaBytes per second speed, but if your router is only capable of 15 MB p/s, guess what is slowing down your Wi-Fi? Your carburetor will limit how fast you can go, or another example would be to 'throttle down' a 1" water pipe into a 1/4" pipe. Bottom line output will be reduced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 07:23 pm:

Marv...hmmm, yeh, keep forgetting about the router. And this one's quite a few years old already. I learned they don't last forever, so maybe I better be checking into that one. Thanks for the advice! BTW...how's the shoulder doing? My PT girlie on Monday said I should be "graduating" from therapy by end of next week. Finally! Two months! Then the bill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 08:57 pm:

The real problem is the high resolution cameras and a term called Dots Per Inch or DPI.

A good camera can have a very good 1,500 DPI digital format.

A 4 X 6 inch photo from a 1,500 DPI camera is still sent through the Internet at 72 DPI, for some unknown reason.

When the computer on the other end displays that photo it is now almost 80 X 120 inches in size and difficult to display.

Try to print the photo and you may end up with it on about 16 sheets of paper that you can tape back together.

If you have a program that allows you to change the DPI of your photo and you change it to 72 DPI, it will arrive at the other computer the same size.

I usually use 100 DPI for easy size calculations and that received photo then is only a little larger.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 02:03 am:

You can post pretty big pictures here, at last size wise if not byte wise.1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 09:44 am:

Yeh but look how awful it turns out! Have a friend who for the longest time either didn't know how, or just refused, to shrink his pics down to email. I always had to scroll up and down, right and left to view 'em. Got so when he sent pics I'd just not even bother.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

If you have Photoshop or a good program that came with your camera . . . not a cellphone camera, you can size a picture and also adjust the number of pixels too. So when you take a very high resolution picture and open it in Photoshop is will show that it is perhaps 22 inches wide and 18 inches high with 22,000 pixels or so depending on how busy the picture is. If you posted it and it loaded you would see a checkerboard on your screen.

So the trick is to make the picture five inches high and three inches wide. Adjust it to 60 pixels and it will fill up a quarter of the screen. Slide it over to the max of 200 pixels and it will fill the screen. You can post 200 so make all four pictures at about 45 and you can post four. When you save a picture the number of pixels will increase so you can't save them at 50, it has to be less than 50 for four images.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

I find that a maximum height of 720 pixels is right to nearly fill my screen top to bottom, like this.

Whatever you do, keep the original full-size high-resolution photo for future use and make a copy to resize. Once you alter the original, you can't get it back.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration