17 inch wire wheels?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 17 inch wire wheels?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Bowers on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 10:51 pm:

Does anyone have a photo of a speedster (or any T) on 17 inch wire wheels? i was thinking of looking for some 33-34 ford wheels for my project. They are 17X3.5 (5.5 on 5) I can machine an adapter for the hub that will support the later ford wire wheels.

Was thinking about using either the 17X3.5 or 19 inch Model A wheels.

Thanks,

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 10:58 pm:

Steve
I'm working on a project where I'm going to use 18" ('32) Ford wheels. Pretty much any of the Ford wheels from 16"-21" A will all bolt on. If you were closer I could sell you some 17". The border thing really gets in the way!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Bowers on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 11:11 pm:

Hey Les,

I have also been looking for some 32 wheels (thinking that 18 would look better, more period) but decided to settle on 33-34 as they are a lot more common.

The border thing does get in the way! I have had stuff caught in customs before and that turns into a headache.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 01:07 am:

Why not just use model A wheels? At least you won't have e 19 inch the big hub cap that covers the lug nuts.
21 inch A wheels look a lot like T wire wheels. The 19 inch have a larger different hub cap but still does not cover the lug nuts.
The model A tires Are MUCH cheaper than 18 inch or 17 inch tires. And a lot easier to get and more brand choices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 10:57 am:

Just looked online and I see you can buy a 135/90-17" tire cheap. Yes it is one of those "temporary spare" tires. But at $66.00 it is worth investigating. And just how many miles do most of us put on??? Probably need to make sure the rims have a good finish in good condition as you may want to go tubeless.
135 translates to about 5-1/2" wide. The "90" profile would make it about 5" high, so about 27" OD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 11:26 am:

I have them on my speedster and love them. 20 lbs. of air and 4 " of rubber on the ground. I make adapters to install them. 475.00 INC. Shipping in a he stated. You can see a photo on the speedster forum or on my Facebook page.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration