Looking for a photo - 1927 touring.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Looking for a photo - 1927 touring.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 10:21 am:

I am looking for a rear view of a '26 - '27 Touring with the top down from the rear approx as shown. This is for a painting I hope to do. These cars have some beautiful lines but I can't seem to find rear views of cars with the tops down. If you have one to share I would love to see it here or Emaied.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 10:37 am:

Oh you meant a touring car? Not touring with top down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 10:56 am:

Richard. These are all I have right now. Look at my profile picture. I can stage a photo like that with the top down if it is something you would like to have. I can stage the car anyway you want it and will even get out the "good camera" :-) By the way the "Razorback" license plate is a porcelain plate and is "period correct" for my car...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 11:00 am:

I forgot to mention that I now, also have the tan gypsy curtains installed on the car. They were so costly, I bought the top boot one year, and the gypsy curtains the next year .... :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 11:03 am:

Rich,

I looked thru my stock photos and don't have a good rear view of my '27. I can take some pictures for you but it would be two days before I can do it. Let me know and I can take what ever views you need.

Denny

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 11:56 am:

Rich, if you haven't already, enter 1926 Ford and 1927 Ford in Google images, and take a look at the MTFCA and MTFCI photo galleries. Maybe you'll get lucky in one of those places.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

Thanks! Those help a lot. I want to try to capture the charm of the top and bows without the boot or cover.

I have found great detail using Google, Vintage Ford covers and the MTFCA membership directory. but rear views and folded bows are difficult to find so far. I can get most of my proportions from the scale model but top, spare tire and bumper details were lacking. Donnie's pictures help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 02:32 pm:

Ebay and all the car magazines have lots of great color photos now. As for using models, I saw a recreations of Charlie Russell's or one of the great western artist's studio. It had a scale model stagecoach body sitting on a desk. They work great for setting angles and shadows where you need them. I built this scale limousine framework for a painting one time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 02:57 pm:

Just me again. I just found a great folded top photo in my Email. I have the basics now so I don't want anyone to go to a lot of trouble staging or taking photos. I asked a widow if she happened to have any old photos of their 1906 Buick. She went out to the garage and took 2 rolls of the best photos I had ever seen. It was a cold Winter.
Thank you all for your responses. Forum members are the best.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 03:44 pm:

Most times the top down '26-'27 touring looks a bit bulky, as there is a lot of material on the touring sized top. The top boot makes it better, as keeps the folds from un-folding!

Mine without the boot, looks better with the boot on :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

Close up of original from other photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

Thanks Dan. The picture of your T is at a good angle for me. I agree the boot looks better on the car but will look good without for this painting.
Thanks so much.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 07:15 pm:

Hey Donnie I sent you a PM. Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 10:56 am:

After looking at a few thousand pictures and getting some great help here and the Emails I see two great top photos in the MTFCA Classifieds. Ya never know.
Again Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 11:20 am:

Donnie, Woooo Pig! Sooooieeee.... :-)

Here's a picture of a presentation to Frank Broyles of a certificate declaring him an Honorary Junior Officer at a Little Rock AFB dining-in. It's in the mid-sixties when he was coaching the Razorbacks. I'm the child on the right.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration