OT- married for 50 years

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT- married for 50 years
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 11:04 am:

After being married for 50 years, I took a careful look at my wife one day and said, “Fifty years ago we had a cheap house, a junk car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10—inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep with a hot 23—year—old girl every night.

Now, I have a $500,000 home, a $45,000 car, a nice big bed and a large screen TV, but I’m sleeping with a 73--year—old woman. It seems to me that you’re not holding up your side of things.”

My wife is a very reasonable woman. She told me to go out and get a hot 23—year—old girl and she would make sure that I would once again be living in a cheap house, driving a junk car, sleeping on a sofa bed and watching a 10—inch black and white TV.

Aren’t older women great? They really know how to solve an old guy’s problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 11:07 am:

LOL that's pretty good. My dad has been married over 30 years and when people ask about being married that long he says "It's felt like 5 minutes . . . underwater."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 11:21 am:

Heck I've been with mine 49 years and she's still hot as hell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 11:22 am:

I'll have to remember not to try that with my wife in 13 years when we reach our 50th.....now what were we discussing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 11:22 am:

Boy do I know how to get model T parts or what.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 11:41 am:

We're coming up on 43 years in a few weeks.

The other day I asked her, "If I die before you, would you re-marry?" She said, "Sure." I said, "Would you live in this house with your new husband?" She again said, "Sure." I began to feel uncomfortable and asked, "You'd sleep in our bedroom, use our bathroom, and everything else?" She said, "Sure, why not?"

Then I had a sort of panic attack. I said, " What about the Model T and all my stuff in the garage? I don't want some other a**hole getting all my stuff!" She looked at me patiently and said, "What makes you think I'd marry another a**hole?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 12:03 pm:

O.K. guys I have you all beat I have been married 60-3 months and 8 days OH did I say to the SAME woman.
There would not be any good trade in as she has some missing internal and externals parts missing, and she still pretty hot for an "OLE GAL.
She was born in Hungary and she and all the family came thru WW2. I met her in Germany while I was in the Army. She came to the state in 1956.NUFF said

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 12:40 pm:

Today is forty nine years for Karen and me. I'm still not sure how I tricked that sweet girl into marrying me, I'm just hoping she'll let me stick around for the next forty nine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

It'll be 40 years this Summer for us. The fact that Joy still likes old car rides and lets me build or paint anything I want is good enough for me. I remember an old drunk telling me " I was in the Army 10 years, prison for 10 years and married for 5 years.........Man that was a long 5 years." She must not have liked old cars.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

This coming Sept. 16 will mark my first day of marriage! Since I'm 52, I'm not looking to ever celebrate 50 years, just hoping to get as many as we can!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

We have been married 59 years and she is getting more beautiful and sweeter as the years go by.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 04:27 pm:

53 years.

Arguing with a woman is like reading a software licensing agreement. Eventually you just give up and click "I agree."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

This may will be fifty years for the wife and i.I'm having trouble finding the right gift for her.Since she bought me a engraved Henry Rifle for Christmas,i have been thinking of buying her one!!If she shoots me,please think kindly of me! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 05:05 pm:

Arnold , thanks for the laugh, I needed it. Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 05:17 pm:

I was married April 1st 1988. Enough said????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 05:19 pm:

Bud, I bought my wife a gun for our 25th. Im still here! We are lucky arent we?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 05:32 pm:

Dallas you need to fix your profile picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

Twenty seven years ago, at my parents 50th anniversary dinner, my Dad remarked that he could honestly say that in 50 years of marriage, he never once, ever even considered divorce. He went on to say,...."murder several times, but NEVER divorce"!

As of this coming June, my wife and I will be married 53 years! That's fifty three years, four Model "T's and one Model A, and she hasn't left yet!

This all reminds me of a "pretty good one" I heard awhile back. It seems that a very elderly couple were in divorce court. After lengthy deliberation, the judge took off his glasses, looked squarely in the eyes of the sweet little old lady well into her 90's and asked her very sincerely,..... "please tell me, why, after a long and successful marriage, why it is that you two folks can't seem to work this out?" The sweet little old lady's very sincere reply was,......."well your honor, to tell you the truth, we've managed to stay together for many years now, mainly for the sake of the kids,....but,..... they're all dead now!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 06:04 pm:

We have been married 49 years and I have owned my 1910 Touring 70 years. Good things are worth keeping.
This photo was taken inside the Twin City Ford plant, which is now closed and torn down.
US

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 08:11 pm:

My hats off to those of you that make your golden anniversary. That is quite an accomplishment!! Doug, Dallas's driveway is steep!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

I couldnt fix it so I changed it. Thanks for reminding me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 11:46 pm:

I've got a very good one. Only been married 20 years last October 27 . We were on the 100th anniversary of the London to Brighton run in England. We got married there and it just turned out to coincide with her birthday.

So 20 plus years and she is still hot, only now it comes in flashes!!!!! She loves cars and always asks when are you going to buy another one. The car barn is full and overflowing but she tells me there is always room for 1 more.

She owns and operates 2 very successful Subaru Service Centers and that provides me with the necessary funds to purchase and restore a host of fun cars. Personally she prefers loud and fast so I bought her a Shelby Cobra for her 60th birthday. For her last b/d and our 20th I bought her a very nice Corvette convertible.

I assume as things go we will be together until I head out over the hill as I'm 10 years older, She will be a good catch, fine collection of fun cars, a good business, and a beautiful car barn fully equipped. stay tuned,

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

50 years next year.
All I have to do is remember 49 this year and I will live until then.

My wife is a bit like Ken's.
About a month before Christmas we went to the Sig Sauer Proshop in Epping and the sales guy (a friend) showed me a Sig P226 Legion handgun. It was great but at $1400 it was too expensive for me. On Christmas Day at 9mm P226 SAO was under our tree. She and my son got it for me.
In January a Sig .357 conversion kit for the P226 showed up on my Birthday.

I am very lucky - I got a keeper the first time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 06:06 pm:

Well, some good ones, but I would have ended Henry's like this:

We're coming up on 43 years in a few weeks.

The other day I asked her, "If I die before you, would you re-marry?" She said, "Sure." I said, "Would you live in this house with your new husband?" She again said, "Sure." I began to feel uncomfortable and asked, "You'd sleep in our bedroom, use our bathroom, and everything else?" She said, "Sure, why not?"

Then I had a sort of panic attack. I said, " What about the Model T and all my stuff in the garage? I don't want some other a**hole getting all my stuff!" She looked at me patiently and said, "No, of course not, he likes Packards....."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 06:28 pm:

Good one David! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

The funniest and sweetest stories here. :-) Seth, your dad nailed it.

I don't allow hand guns in the house. My brother taught her how to use them...
Thankfully, she doesn't know how to use my old SKS and she thinks the Mossberg model 30 hanging right behind me doesn't work.

I'm going to use some of these in November on our 30th. :-)

I really should celebrate (I almost typed celibate). My wife lent me the 9700 bucks to buy this latest pile of 3-1/2 T's and parts!
Uh, I did pay her back.

Blessed are they that freely allow the pursuit of old machines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 12:03 am:

From this thread http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/737832.html?1490321672

"Fortunately the bolts and nuts for the ball are in poor condition, no wire, no cotters, only double springs and corrosion holding it together. Like my first marriage..."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 01:52 am:

Hehehe! I saw that Ignacio and laughed my head off! At your expense. And yet....
Just to push this thread that far out.
The Brady Bunch; the episode where one of the kids (Greg?) is getting a car. A late 60's Pontiac rag-top.
Someone asks (Mike?) "You getting all the rust off?" Peter says "I sure hope not, it's the only thing holding the car together."

Just like my model T's!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 08:57 pm:

Married 52 years. 22 the first time, 30 the second.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration