Chaffin 270 vs 280?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Chaffin 270 vs 280?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Gibson on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 08:21 am:

I really fancy a 280 cam in my speedster but I cant afford (read wife won't let me) a new cam.
Would I be missing much with the reground 270?

Unless someone wants to swap a painting for a 280 cam, I'm sure I could talk my way out of that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 05:00 pm:

put in a 300 lift from ford n more for $95

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

Jeremy, More lift is not always better. Valve timing, duration and advance are just as important as lift. Lift only gives you more top end but you will also decrease the low end. You need the best combination of all four. I can send you computer dyno test results of our 270 regrind and 280 new cam if you like. It shows you the comparison in torque and horse power for the full operation curve. It also shows the comparison to the Stipe cam and stock Ford cam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeremy gibson on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 03:40 am:

Yes please if you don't mind, it would help make my decision much easier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

No one is addressing the real problem here. Jeremy needs a new wife.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 05:50 pm:

Jeremy, Send us your address or post it here and we will send you the cam information. Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

Seth,

I thought it was you when I saw the promo for the
History Channel new series " The Model T Bachelor "

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

Haha Jim, I'm just sayin', a wife that won't let you buy car parts?!? That's a fate worse than death.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

Agreed

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 10:15 pm:

I got rid of mine. Problem solved. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

Yes, but it cost you at least one head, Mark!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeremy gibson on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 08:45 am:

In my wife's defence we are saving up for a house.

She will let me keep things running, and replace parts as necessary. But I'm on a tight budget for go-faster bits. Having said that she has horses and they might as well eat money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 10:42 am:

Yes, a wife with horses makes owning guns and T's much easier. My wife has five horses. Life is good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11:16 am:

I had a wife once who "would not let me" do this or that. Chances
are, she's still trying to control some other poor slob with that
dictatorial "my way, or the highway" BS. We all make choices. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11:43 am:

The only thing My wife ever ask is "do you have the money for it without using the plastic monster?" As long as I have cash life is very good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 12:01 pm:

Mine talked me into buying our 53 Merc. 2dr hardtop, 13 touring and 41 Ford business coupe and kept me from selling our 20 touring which she promptly claimed as her own. She is as crazy as I am though she Denys it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

It's nice to have a woman around. They can come in handy for a few different things (nothing comes to mind at this particular point in time). But, the correct camshaft is a whole different kettle o' fish. My advice would be to buy the correct camshaft, buy the little woman some trinket, and forget the house crap. Haven't you already got a roof over your head?:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 12:11 am:

My wife had horses and anything else she wanted. Then she decided she needed another married man with his own teenage daughter. Hasn't worked out well.

At the end of the day, could have bought a hell of a lot of cams....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 03:51 am:

Damn Rob. Didn't see that coming. Sorry to hear that. Been there myself. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 09:22 am:

Rob, I'm sorry to hear it. I had some suspicions but wasn't about to ask. Time heals all wounds. God bless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 10:40 pm:

Time also wounds all heals.

One day thirty years ago my wife said something to our three year old about waste of time we spend on the weekends restoring our '29 Nash and going to car shows on Saturday and Sunday when she worked those days.
She said it to the boy but it was for my benefit.
So I said to the boy, for her benefit, ya boy, why don't we just go buy a 6 pack and chase women instead?
To this day I have never heard a complaint about all the old cars or the time I spend on them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 02:51 am:

Balance in all things, and compromise, are the key to a healthy and happy life. Unfortunately, and one of the things my parents got wrong when I was little, it takes two to make things work well. It only takes one wrong person to have a fight.
Most people, that try to control, and demand, too much? Leads to one of my hundred or so favorite quotes: "People that demand all or nothing? Almost always wind up with nothing."
Rob, My sympathies to your situation. I have been wondering a lot.

How did we wind up here from "camshafts"?
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 05:57 am:

:-) Thread drift

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 04:40 pm:

Hard to judge, each case is different I spent almost 30 yrs with a bitch. It was one of the happiest days of my life when it was over. She was into money and got most of it(worth every penny). I got the farm and all the cars. Now life is good, married Ellen 8 yrs ago, best thing that could have happened. She is involved with everything I do, so much so she put on the 60th MTFCI tour mostly by her self until the meet actually started when we luckily had a lot of volunteers to help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

Chad, BAAAD! ROFLMHO!
I was going to say, "Camshaft/shafted, maybe there's the drift?"
:-)
Dan, you definitely have a "keepher" now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 05:04 pm:

David, I can't take credit for the drawing--not sure whose it was actually, it was posted here at different points. But thanks for the Kudos, I had to save it to my computer just for such an occasion.

Dan, I had the honor of meeting you and Ellen briefly when you came to our Christmas party. And also by judging what I see on here, I would say YES, she is a keeper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 05:30 pm:

Chad, It looks a lot like Rich Eagle's work--note the smiley face in the wood grain!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 06:59 pm:

I was thinking it was Rich's work too, always enjoy seeing his artwork.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 04:01 am:

I have 6 Model Ts and wifie bought all but one. I had to lay on the floor kick my feet, hold my breath and turn blue to get my tractor conversion. But I can take it to tractor shows and it has a bed on it so it can be a pickup or a rat rod. It gives me free starts and I get more questions and a bigger crowd than the clown car boys. the funny part is her tongue is tied in the middle and flops on both ends when she has a crowd that ask her questions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 10:29 pm:

Thanks David and Chad, I think so also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Wow! Talk about changing the subject. Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

It happens Glen. I love your cams, does that bring it back? LOL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

Dan, Absolutly, thanks, Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

Love is grand. Divorce is 500 grand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

Sorry to say I got you all beat ....

I re-married my second wife shortly after our first divorce.

Needless to say that was followed by a second divorce.

I am a first class dumb @ss ...... :-)

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration