I got the DumbA** award!:-(

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I got the DumbA** award!:-(
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 12:53 pm:

My wife and I went to a car show to support a local charity and at the end of the show my wife wanted me to accompany her to the awards ceremony something I usually do not do so I can get everything stowed and ready to go. Against my better judgment I went with her upon returning empty handed as usual I noticed the seat in my RPU was askew when I started putting things away I noticed my spare coil was missing.....Glad they didn't get anything else! now I suppose I am going to have to act mad at my wife for about 3 or 4 hours. rant over:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 01:38 pm:

Find the low down,scumbag, piece of sh#t, and let us have him for 5 min. Nothing worse than a theif! Pretending to be mad at your wife does have its advantages. Mine was tracking a deer one time years ago. She was carrying my favorite knife and lost it. I have any kind of knife you would want now because she bought me a knife for christmas for about 5 years. Now she would figure its my fault somehow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 01:48 pm:

G.R.

I am the reigning Dumb@ss here ......

Nice try - but until you run over yourself with your own vehicle,
I am not abdicating my throne ....... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 01:52 pm:

ok FJ I don't feel like doing that can I at least have a reservation in the throne room? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

Jim,

You are the king, we wont take that away from you because it takes real talent to run over yourself with your own truck like that. All the things I have done put together would add up to something close but I wont try to take the award from anyone. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 04:06 pm:

Nice to know I excel in one area of Life ..... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 04:21 pm:

Watch eBay. I bet it shows up soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 04:41 pm:

I think it was an inside job. Your wife was to get you away from the car so her new boyfriend could get a coil for his car. :-):-):-)

It's a joke son just a joke.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 06:45 pm:

One of my employees called me one morning and said he was
going to be a little late coming in. Seems he was busy talking
with the police about the guy he had caught breaking into his truck.
This employee was a good sized boy, ... about 6'4" and 220lbs,
give or take, and well versed (courtesy of the USMC) in weapons
handling. He basically pinned the perp into the side of the truck
and informed him that any attempt to struggle would be seen as
a threat and he would discharge his weapon into the guy's skull
below the ear. He got no fight, but the thief DID discharge his bowels
and bladder. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Scholz on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 01:25 am:

If this is dumb#$% enough to get an award: Please hold same and pass it to someone else: As a young lad (13-14) I ran over myself with my Dad's '41
Allis Chalmers (B) tractor. I was standing by the clutch and operating it without getting on the tractor as I had only a few inches to back up to hook the log chain in the grabhook on the drawbar.
The wheel caught me and threw me over, on to the ground. I had the presence of mind to roll a bit more to the middle so the tractor would straddle me, which it did for a short distance. One of the rear wheels started to spin, as it was against a freshly peeled popple stick, the backing motion of the tractor stopped so I quickly crawled out between the wheels. I remember this as if it happened just a few years ago, but, I am 78 now . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 08:46 am:

G.R. sorry to hear of that. Not your fault. We live in a sick, self-centered society. Almost sounds like-altho I hate to say it- another T'er..they knew where to look. Maybe just a random pilferer. We'll never know. Just sickening nonetheless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 09:29 am:

Sadly there are parasites that go to car shows solely to steal parts. Especially at shows that have swap meets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 11:36 am:

I went to car shows with my Grandfather for decades. He would always take the brass lights off before going up to awards. Also would never leave the car unless someone he knew was staying. He said it was because people would take stuff from the cars. I always thought he was was paranoid until I grew up and realized it does happen. Sorry to hear it happened to you. I guess at least it was a spare.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

My first two decades in the old car hobby were blindly accepting of
the car show-centric scene .... the shows, the awards, the social circle ....

One day it hit me like banging my head on a low hanging limb, this
whole scene sucks. What is fun about hanging around on a sweltering
piece of tarmac ? What on earth do I want with ribbons or trophies ?
Why do I waste so many weekends of my always-too-short summers
chasing this paradigm I had swallowed without consideration as "fun",
when the fact was, it was no more fun than being stuck in a freeway
traffic jam on a sweltering day with a few interesting cars and a whole
lot of people that might steal parts from or vandalize my car ?

I quit doing car shows and just drive my cars for the fun of putting smiles
on the faces of passersby. Let others pay their entry fee and pretend
that 15 trophy isn't just dust collecting landfill. Some people just KNOW
how to party ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

Amen to no car shows. When I was younger and a member of an AACA club, shows were the thing and we would attend as a club other clubs shows in the general area. I had a 37 Packard at the time and kept busy answering questions and keeping kids and ladies off the car. A lady would have a pocket book (about the size of a travel bag) hanging from her arm and the METAL trim would hit the car as she looked inside. I have since sold the Packard and bought T's and other cars that I drive on tours with our club and use for ice cream run too often.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 04:09 pm:

Burger and R.S.
Amen! Seen frienships end over car shows. Burger I banged my head on the same low hanging limb. Preserve them, drive them. Much more fun. I have had a Harley for ever. Never saw the need to join a club. The fun is getting where your going. Most of the time I dont know where Im going till I get there. Sometimes I get told where to go!
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

I don't mind attending the occasional car show as a spectator, but I'll
leave my car outside the gate. The usual car shows, glutted with the same-
old, same-old muscle cars and hotrods .... no. But the ones that have
weird things like orphan makes, commercial vehicles, etc. .... the stuff
one rarely sees, ... I enjoy those.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration