Information on key rack

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Information on key rack
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Franko on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 06:35 pm:

Can someone post a photo of a model t key rack? I believe it holds about 20 numbered brass keys. And what they may be worth. Thank you in advance TIM FRANKO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 07:13 pm:

Here are 2 I have. Have seen people ask $1000 for the metal one but the wood ones sell for way less.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

Got mine for free in 1972. Was a salesman for a Ford dealer. Asked him if I could have the one hanging in the parts department. I hadn't sold too many vehicles and he snickered and said, "If you meet your sales quota for the next three months, it's yours. I think that's one deal he wished that he had never made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 12:48 am:

Gotta know what you are looking at. There are original ones that sell quickly for over a thousand dollars. There are reproduction ones from thirty or forty years ago that are difficult to tell from originals. There are very well made reproductions, and cheaply made reproduction ones. As well as a lot of home made ones that may look nice, but are not original or worth a great deal of money. I have even seen some printed on paper and glued onto a piece of plywood.
As for telling an original from a nice reproduction? I can't help you there. Never had one myself. I never could afford the big bucks for one that was worth it. And I never found a cheap one I wanted enough.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 01:00 am:

This isn't a great picture, but I believe this one at Chickasha last week went for $900. Of course, the 45 or so keys were a pretty good chunk of that.

(Message edited by steve_jelf_parkerfield_ks on March 25, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 04:19 am:

Further to Steve's photo, the above key board is for duplicate keys. Note the round bumps on the end of the key hooks, the duplicate keys have a bigger hole than original ones, originals don't fit on these key racks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 06:21 am:

I have one for sale. PM me or watch the ad page. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 08:43 am:

Lonnie, I've only seen one wood one, they were asking $700...if you call that "way less"....Love to have one, but can't justify the price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 11:56 am:

Here is one of mine. I got them years ago at Ford dealers for very little cost. Did have to find keys for them.

keys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

Got mine off eBay a long while ago, came with about 20 keys too, good deal as condition was poor, missing a lot of paint. But with lack of paint, the patina shows it's original! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration