Fuel Proof Grease

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Fuel Proof Grease
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 08:54 pm:

I just cleaned my fuel shut-off valve and lubed it with this grease. Now the lever is easy to turn.

http://www.unitederie.com/services.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 01:16 am:

This makes more sense:

http://www.skygeek.com/united-ez-turn-fuelube.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 08:37 am:

I got a 2oz. tube from Lang's a couple years ago. At the rate I'm using it, it will be in my will. Good stuff for shut off valves and works as advertised. But, a little goes a long ways.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 08:42 am:

Kevin...could you save a lazy guy (me) some time and post Lang's link to it so I don't have to troll through 8 pages of fuel valve stuff? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 08:45 am:

We should all pass around the one tube....lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 10:34 am:

Tim

Just for you.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/2902LUB.aspx

I got a bigger tube on line, and should also find more uses for it, maybe a fleet of air craft, as that tube will last a long time only on T's!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 11:09 am:

Thank you Dan! Stuff's not cheap is it? Gonna get one anyway. I like Gary's idea, if it weren't for the lousy shipping fees!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

This is what I used on two sediment bulb valves and petcocks about 20 years ago. Has not let me down yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 12:12 am:

You sure don't find it on ebay or nothing do ye? I was working on my fuel bowl for the T and someone here sent me a small amount of lube in a syringe and I think I still have a dab of it. Last a long time.

In my search I found this. Which I want to get some of. I think this would be great for those pesky glass fuel bowls that leak with new gaskets and fussing trying to get them to quit leaking.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Permatex-85420-Permashield-Fuel-Resistant-Gasket-Dressin g-Sealant-2-oz-Tube-/361204787603?hash=item54197ba993:g:-1wAAOSwqu9UzvPk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 12:55 am:

Tim, my second link above shows a 5 OZ tube for $9.66. ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 07:09 am:

My source:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cspages/ezturnlube.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 07:33 am:

Good stuff. I bought my tube from Aircraft Spruce as Dan posted above me. I think it was a 5 oz tube, it should last me a lifetime. It is a little sticky so careful about getting it on you or other things. It lasts quite a while on the valves I have done, but like anything out there, It does wear off after some time or alot of use. I think about a year and a half was the shortest time I had on one valve before disassembling and relubing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 10:06 am:

I wish it were available in smaller tubes. I once looked into possibly repackaging it into small tubes and offering it for sale, but the tubes are expensive unless you buy massive quantities and if your time is worth anything, and so on, until I just gave up on the idea. I suppose I have a lifetime supply for myself, my friends, and my descendents.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 10:09 am:

Thank you Hal. Dummy me, I didn't notice that tube further down the link when I looked at it the first time. Haven't ordered any yet, so probly will get that one since it's a bit cheaper. Thanks to both you and Dan for your troubles. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 10:11 am:

When I was in the Navy, we used to call it peanut butter. Smeared on a bolt or nut where access is an issue it holds it in place on your wrench to aid in installing. I can't think of any tight spots on the T but everything else we touch in life it is good for that purpose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 12:07 am:

Yes, it's sticky stuff but it works!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration