Anyone around New Orleans or Hot Coffee, Mississippi?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Anyone around New Orleans or Hot Coffee, Mississippi?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 11:09 am:

Well, I know one guy...

My wife, son, and I are making a spring break trip down south. We are flying in on Sunday and out on Thursday.

I've never been in that part of the country before. What are some of the sights to see? People to visit? Museums?

Anything you'd like me to bring, John?

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 01:48 pm:

National World War Two museum in New Orleans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

You could always make it an educational trip and visit Storyville in New Orleans :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Schrepfer on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 02:58 pm:

Cabildo, trolley ride down St. Charles Ave.,Jackson Square, Zoo, Cafe Dumont a must, Aqarium, Swamp tour, Central market for muffelata, MardiGras world. Places to eat Cochon's and Commanders Palace a bit pricy but worth the experience. With this and other suggestions should keep you busy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JIM WILSON, AMORY, MS on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 04:59 pm:

Carriage ride thru French Quarter
Walk thru French Quarter and enjoy the architecture
Don't remember the FQ street but lots of antique shops

Check TripAdvisor for dining and things to do

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Schrepfer on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

St. Peter's street

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 05:58 pm:

As a regular visitor to the city, my wife is from there, i suggest start by getting a throw away wallet. Keep your real one in the front pocket and one in the back with a few bucks in it to be stolen.

If you go to the French Quarter, which I suggest you do, prepare yourself for the smell of urine and beer and go hungry the best food on the planet is to be found there.Also I suggest you go in daylight if you have kids. At night it is a totally different city.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Donahue on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Got to go see Big Al Carson at the Funky Pirate. Shows usually start at 9. Go late in the week, he's better when he has young gals in the audience to play to! Biggest breakfasts are at Daisy Duke's. Great hangover recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 11:54 am:

Have a fried Oyster sammich at Felix's. Lots of other Oyster places, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 11:57 am:

James nailed it. We gave up on New Orleans long ago. The Quarter is filthy and no place for kids. Last time we went was to visit the WWII museum. In the middle of the afternoon a club barker was making lewd comments about passers by including a girl of about 14.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration