Help ID front fender supports. 26/27? T or A?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Help ID front fender supports. 26/27? T or A?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 11:15 am:

Picked these up in estate sale and believe they are 26/27 front fender supports and frame braces, but want to make sure prior to offering them up on the classifieds.

If we can confirme that these are what I think, I can clean them up a little and list them. I have no idea what they are worth until I know what they are and research that as well.

Parts I got are a mismatch of years and models, so that's no help.

Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 11:18 am:

Yes, correct, they have the frame brackets too on each arm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 11:20 am:

BTY, had good, not rusted set at Chickasha without frame brackets, just the arms you rivet to new fenders, no takers. Priced them $10 a pair too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 11:23 am:

dat ain't good . . . but at least I know what I got. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 02:58 pm:

Robert,
Yep, ya got taken. If ya lived nearby, I'd take all that junk off your hands, no charge! I'd even take that hazardous waste piece of a gas tank!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 10:23 am:

Yes, I have come to realize that the only Model T gas tank that is not being reproduced is totally worthless. But, I think I'll clean it up and prime it and offer it for sale along with the same tank that I got on a speedster donor car with the Ford script gas tank cap.

Maybe someone can use them for paperweights.

Same with the spare tire carrier and bracket and the gas tank straps for the above referenced tanks.

Oh, well. That's the price I pay for not knowing anything about this stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 01:25 pm:

Welllll, ya can't fault a guy for tryin'!
Was this just an estate sale, or did the folks know what they had? Just curious!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

Robert, I sent PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 02:20 pm:

They represented what I got as a 26 Model T that was their fathers. Knew nothing else about it. We negotiated a price for everything that was car related. Ended up with four nice doors that turned out to be Model A and some other body parts for an A. They have no idea where they came from.
Fenders, hood and running boards are 26/27. No other body parts. No cowl no tub. Angled windshield with upper glass but no lower center bar or glass. The engine is dated 24 and the rolling chassis is what I paid for. The 21" demountable wheels and tires with nubs still on them from the '60's is what I wanted for my War Wagon. We got the motor running this morning, so now have a running motor and hogshead and frmae to make available.

Nice weekend project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

Dallas, was this on the hood. Four separate sections that he had coated with POR 15, so they feel like they have been undercoated. When someone asks me for a hood, I got to go to a web site and get all the measurements to find out if my hood is the one they are looking for.
Haven't gotten around to that yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

Robert, yes it was me about hoods.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration