Super Poster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Super Poster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 11:55 am:

I noticed that Steve Jelf is getting close to 18k posts on this forum. I did a quick check and some people are in the 3k - 7k range but has anyone else cleared 10k? Everyone that contributes to this forum for the good of the hobby should be commended for their posts no matter how few they have. It's also not a posting contest so Steve doesn't earn a prize for that. However, I must admit that his postings always convey great information just like so many others do. Thank you all for the valuable information and please keep the posts coming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 12:03 pm:

Royce has over 10k posts, his are full of really good info too.

Others help, these forums on the INTERNET are a sure fire way to gain info and have questions answered. Remarkable to me, this Information Age!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 12:33 pm:

Dan, I totally agree that Royce's posts are fabulous. His posts as well as some PM's have answered many of my questions. Yours have also been of great help. The knowledge found here is just amazing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 12:42 pm:

As a new Model T'er, I'm grateful to those who take the time to post information

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

This is my favorite Super Poster. It seems like it was somewhere in Kansas.
Rich

(my apologies if needed.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

Rich, there should be one of those in Idaho too. Maybe not as large or recognizably dressed but definitely just as important.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 01:52 pm:

It sure is Steve, look at the tape measure and "Bib's". You could pick him out in a mob of people and I have to say after meeting him a few years ago a pretty good "OLE" guy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 02:16 pm:

They always post stuff on barns around here when it's the centennial or bi-centennial...so even though Steve is not even an octogenarian he gets a centennial presentation! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 02:21 pm:

Yep, "Mr. Thrifty" his-self!

Got some green from him at Chickasha, so he is less thrifty for now :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 02:40 pm:

I look forward to meeting Steve someday.
Dennis, I suspect they will be serving Buffalo at our Bison-tennial.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

Well, just checked and I have over 5,800 posts. Now I'd say about 90% of those contain little, if ANY, valuable information, like this one! But that's just me, I KNOW Steve has a much higher ratio of postings to useful information!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 03:44 pm:

Yes, I would say Mr. Jelf is dauntless........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

If a guy had that poster on the wall in his shop, I bet they would think twice about taking shortcuts while fixing the T. Steve looking over your shoulder? Wee would have better photo quality also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 03:54 pm:

A picture of him that size in his shop coat at the new garage in the museum would keep the mechanics hopping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

Rich,

I don't know why you would want to eat Bison because I already heard you were full of bull! :-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

Steve is one of the best ambassadors for our club and I really appreciate all he does for our hobby and club.

A big thank you to Steve, Royce, Dan and each of you who support our club and hobby. And that includes those of you who may be just looking but haven't posted yet. That's ok also -- there is a wealth of information about the Ts on this board. And it wouldn't be near as much fun if there were only a couple of folks. Instead there are lots of you some with driving cars, some with projects, some looking for cars, and some just checking out to learning about how things were done back in the day.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 04:40 pm:

I'm not quite full but I've had it up to here. :-) :-) / :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 04:44 pm:

One of the top super posters is the one above. Hap's posts are always meticulously detailed, well written and kind in manner.

I can say with certainty that this forum is probably one of the best and most active antique car hobby forums on the internet. The proof is that most first time posters usually react with a "wow thanks for all of the replies"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 05:08 pm:

No wonder so many of my projects are unfinished.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 05:14 pm:

Greatest respects and admiration for our Mr Jelf!
I do wonder about those count numbers, however. A few years ago, a system crash wiped out the record of post counting, resetting most of us back to zero. I suspect that if those lost counts were added in? Steve J may now be well over that 20K !

I truly believe that this site is one of the very best places on the entire inter-web. The balance of information, both new research and historic, friendship, humor, (a dash of politics), help and support for each other is incredible.
Yeah, we do have our p!$$!ng matches occasionally. But mostly it is a welcoming place that appreciates the people that have earned a special place of honor within the hobby, yet welcomes newcomers with respect, and answers questions for the umpteenth time.
I am not going to mention any other names at this time, simply because there are so many that should not be forgotten! But in a place with so many top-grade people, true experts, and people of renown, Steve J has earned a special place of honor and respect.
Long live the king!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

David Dewey - Dang! I just checked mine and I have just shy of 5800 posts! You must just talk a lot more than I do, but I haft' say,....I'm pretty sure that several of my posts actually contained at least a bit of useful information! Well,....at least four or five might have been of use to somebody,.....I mean, there must have been something of,.....aahhh,.....well,.....never mind. I guess this one is just another one of "THE OTHERS"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

Even some of the OT subjects are covered better here than on the Forums for those subjects.
That says something for the expertise here.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration