Interesting Kansas 1914 on tbay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Interesting Kansas 1914 on tbay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1914-Ford-Model-T-Black-/282409156283?hash=item41c0e5beb b:g:0ogAAOSwzgBY1oEC&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

Now there's a car at a reasonable price! Not like those other sellers who slap a large price tag on a car that needs too much work. This car looks pretty much original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 01:00 pm:

Thanks Ed. It's just like one I'm trying to build. What I can see looks correct.
As I've said I like these photos.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

I notice that the engine numbers are all stamped at an angle, is that common?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

I have seen other serial numbers slanted as well on original engines, here's one from a previous post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 05:33 pm:

Cool. My '14's block casting date is 4-22-14, but the serial is 554XXX. Build date is August 11. The block above is around Sept. 4. Looks like it aged almost 5 months.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

xxx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 06:33 pm:

does this make sense?

583219 cASTING 11-9-14

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 07:17 pm:

My engine was stamped in September and then cast in November. What do you think Happened?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 03:27 am:

Then it's likely a replacement block.
Maybe the original block got a freeze crack during the first winter when the owner missed to empty the water a cold night. The local dealer had a new spare block in stock cast in november and they stamped it with the same number as the original block, just like it was supposed to be done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 09:15 am:

The 15 touring for $12K Bob Corio just posted looks to be a better deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 01:05 pm:

Those front fenders have bills like the 1915-16. Maybe a transition car?

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 09:15 am:

Bill, by the end of the '14 model year the fender bills came back. Hard to understand sometimes why they had 'em, got rid of 'em, and then went back to 'em over several model years. Drives me crazy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

FWIW, Ford called the fenders bills "peaks." The late '14 peak was first drawn 6/25/14 and began to appear on some cars about a month later. I believe the full changeover was completed a month after that, making my '14's "non-peak" fenders among the last of that style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

Just one thing makes me wonder about the originality of this one. Doesn't the dash/firewall look a little too good? Was it changed at some point?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 02:19 pm:

Gary, I noticed that too. I'm sure it's a repop. When one questions "about the originality of this one", then might as well include some of the rattle can paint done to it. To a point, "originality" is in the eye of the beholder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 03:48 pm:

Like Tim i'm sure the dash has been replaced but i think it was several years ago?? If the dash get's any sunlight it will turn almost blond with time.At first glance it looks like a bargain but is the best to be had cheaper in the long run?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 03:58 pm:

Mine is 585,493 casting date 9-15-14

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 07:35 pm:

And Dean, your '14 is a dang lot nicer looking! Any idea of what you'd value it if you were to sell it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Huelsbeck on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 11:56 pm:

Hi Arnold,

My block has the same casting date!

bl

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration