What do I have here?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What do I have here?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 11:28 am:

Green 26 roadster headlight mount and bar. Is this another year or aftermarket? Looks to be adjustable. Cast iron base.
Black 26 roadster PU. 26 mounts? Stamped steel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 11:35 am:

The conclusion is, Ford did not supply the light bar for cars with stem mounted lights in 1926. The bars being aftermarket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 11:44 am:

Were the stem mount lights an early 26 thing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 11:47 am:

yes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 11:53 am:

Thank you Mark! This forum and people like you save hours of research,if I could find this info.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

Those early head lights were evidently left over from some trucks.

The focus screws are in the wrong place on them to properly align the beam.

That should have been a recall and engineering change or early service change,but it was not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

The green Ford has Marquette brand fender brace, made esp. for the early Improved Ford stem mount headlamp buckets. There were other aftermarket styles too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 12:43 pm:

Thanks Dan. I see late 25 date on add. All this little stuff is very interesting to me. I had no clue. Just noticed difference today with both in garage. Any other things to look for on early 26?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

I have both kinds on my 2 26's. It is my understanding that the one on the left was earlier and the one on the right later. There are more than one type of bar between the two lights. It is my understanding that when bumpers were added to the car, some states wanted the license plate moved because it was not visible behind the bumper So the bar was added so the license could be mounted in front of the radiator. Whether or not the bar was an added accessory of came stock? I don't know, but Ford liked it so much he made it stock, and added the bolt on headlights which are slightly more adjustable than the others.
Norm
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 04:03 pm:

I checked the location of my focus screws, and they are to the left of the plug in socket just as pictured above. The location of the screw would make no difference as long as the lens is straight. The screw only moves the bulb forward and backward in relation to the reflector and would do the same no matter where located around the socket.
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration