Manifold cooker

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Manifold cooker
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Smythe - Australia on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 04:54 am:

hi guys i would like to find some manifold cooker recipe's
as we are doing a 4 day trip through the Australian high country bush
so any recipe would be great
cheers cam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Azevedo on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 09:26 am:

Look for the book Manifold Destiny usually available for $5 - $10 on Ebay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 10:46 am:

start here
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/555306.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 11:52 am:

Doug and Karen Dachenbach published a wonderful cookbook called the "Manifold Gourmet". I would think there are still some copies available.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 11:54 am:

Maybe I can write a book on the subject? I have a roll of tinfoil and a opossum I shot last Friday. Just need a good road trip to get started. Who wants to try it when its done??

Probably dont want to follow me, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

Dallas, I know where we can get a couple of parakeets and a cat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 01:21 pm:

HEY!

Well I guess they are small enough to fit into the manifold cooker and then a hot dog bun but not enough to fill you up so better bring a lot of potatoes and other fillers.

You know I think this is the fifth time we've eaten those two little parakeets on the forum this winter not counting the number of times they have flown away. The poor little kitten is still being held at gun point so I know I can get him into the cooker without too much trouble.

BBQ sauce or beer braised?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 02:10 pm:

So do the fumes from the car get into what you're cooking?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

Never had that problem Robert.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 03:29 pm:

Sounds like a fun way to do lunch! I'M Italian so maybe some peppers and onion with sausage. I bet you'd smell it at every stoplight. Yum!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

There is a cooker in classifieds right now

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 04:17 pm:

Robert, being first generation Italian and the grandson of an executive chef and the father of two trained chefs (I LOVE to cook), I've made the salsice with pepper and onions in my cooker and they turn out great!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

Favorite recipe is Manifold Chili, load up mixture in those high temp plastic bags. Line the cooker with tin foil. Add water to the bottom to keep the plastic bag from sticking to the foil or the mixture getting too dry.

Drive about 3 hours, and stop for lunch!
Everybody dumps the contents into the big pot, all share. Bring the Frito's too :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

I reported this story several years ago but maybe it should be repeated. My son and I have cookers and enjoy making a blueberry topping for ice cream during one evening on our annual club tour. We made the sauce and loaded it into the cookers for about a 15 mile ride. During the ride my son signaled he needed gas and pulled into a station. While gassing up he decided to check the cooker on his car. An older guy at the station was interested in the car and looked into the engine compartment and noticed the cooker. He asked what it was. My son answered, they are blueberries. The old guy said, "you mean this car runs on blueberries?". My son didn't respond but closed the hood and drove off. I wonder who believed the old guy?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

Marty I bet it was good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 07:12 am:

Maybe someone should organize a southern cooker tour

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 10:23 am:

In all the years here on this forum I have yet to see a manifold cooker with any food in it!

Does anyone have pictures of the best part?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 11:06 am:

What Richard E. posted...

From an old issue of The Tickin Times (12/13)

Classified Ad: For Sale
For the Model T Foodie, a cookbook
just for the Cooker. Filled
with recipes for any taste. Tips
on how to prepare a meal right to
the “T”. The “Manifold Gourmet”
is just $11 plus $3 shipping.
Douglas Dachenbach
6215 Brooksong Way, Blacklick,
Ohio 43004 614-986-9794

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

Now that I have him fattened up I don't know if I can fit him in the cooker! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Healey on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 11:36 pm:

Here is a sample of a normal Saturday in the summer for us. Buffet on the side of a dirt road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 12:00 am:

That is why they added a bumper onto the front of a Model T. Too hold the manifold cookers at a picnic.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration